Bank fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank fishing

Any good bank fishing spots between gresham to hoodriver? Everytime I head east towards Benson Lake and Rooster Rock State park and fish there, I wonder if I'm allowed to pull over on the side somewhere and walk towards the river for some smallmouth/largemouth bank fishing? Is that legal? If so, any spots I should try out? I've heard the mouth of the John Day is a good spot but seems a bit too far right now since my chances of catching in this colder water are slim.

I also see good ponds on the side of the road, taking the exit for Rooster Park going Eastbound. There's a biggish pond there that I wonder if any of those scattered ones hold anything?

Well better late than never for the response. I've caught a good amount of smallies at cascade locks right at the boat launch. Another good spot where I've caught a few is off robins island at bonneville dam. There's also that viewpoint closer to the mouth of the gorge I've always wanted to try but never got to it. As for just pulling over on 84 And fishing I don't think that is legal since it's a freeway. However if you don't mind getting a little wet and walking a bit you could find a place to park on the historic highway and then walk in one of the creeks under 84 to the shore of the Columbia but I wouldn't recommend this when the river is high

Comment

Originally posted by dcarbonari View Post
      Well better late than never for the response. I've caught a good amount of smallies at cascade locks right at the boat launch. Another good spot where I've caught a few is off robins island at bonneville dam. There's also that viewpoint closer to the mouth of the gorge I've always wanted to try but never got to it. As for just pulling over on 84 And fishing I don't think that is legal since it's a freeway. However if you don't mind getting a little wet and walking a bit you could find a place to park on the historic highway and then walk in one of the creeks under 84 to the shore of the Columbia but I wouldn't recommend this when the river is high
      Better late than never lol! I've started going up to Washington and fishing the lakes connected to the Columbia for smallmouth, they're were biting like crazy for a few weeks but these last two weeks have been wayy too windy and wayy too hot. Guess I found thos spots a bit late:(

Comment

Working...
      X