New product preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New product preview

Hey gang; I stumbled onto the manufacturing facility, on Friday, for Poulsen Cascade Tackle. Then got to chat with the owner, Tom Hester (who is a contributing member of NW Steelheaders too). He then, graciously, gave me samples of the variations of his new product. They are called Half-Fast "Free Slide" (trademark).

He said that his Free Slides, will be the best of 2 worlds: spreaders, and sliders. At least, if I understood that correctly. Tom plans to introduce these new products, at the Portland Sportsman's show in February. And they will be available, from 4 different vendors at that show. But here is, a sneak preview.

Here are some pics. For more information go to: http://www.poulsencascadetackle.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Free Slide Looped.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	531530 Click image for larger version

Name:	Free Slide Snap.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	531531

Click image for larger version

Name:	Half Fast Free Slide HOW TO RIG.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	531532

Seems gimmicky. I thread a barrel swivel on my mainline add my dropper and a couple beads. Line twist can be reduced by adding a small ball bearing swivel half way down your leader. Just my $.02

Comment

I think a sliding spreader is important both while fighting fish and trolling. These do look a lot like what people have been making for years though. I have some sliding sinkers that Jack at Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle makes that are very similar. They work well.

Comment

Just noticed that, this thread was moved. Thanks to the MOD, for the move.

Comment

Working...
        X