marineengine.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marineengine.com

Wife and I launched at Fred's Saturday morning. We got around the corner of Sauvie Island headed toward the CR and the motor just died! Popped the cowling to find stator wires chopped in half. Luckily we were just around the corner and not 3 miles down the CR where we were headed, got back on the kicker in about 20 minutes instead of all day! Got home and pulled the flywheel, apparently a wire clip had broke loose, chopped the wires and slashed the stator. All the Marina's in town wanted $190 for the part . Shopped online with most sites wanting $130 pluses about $20 for shipping. Marineengines.com had it for $115 plus $8 for 2 day priority! This is the exact same part the Marina's and other sites were selling; CDI stator. These guys and River City Fly shop are the only businesses I felt were worth the time to plug and I feel good doing it for both! Got the part today and the LiL orange is back in action!

Good to hear you guys got back easy without a tow!

Any ideas why the clip came loose, maybe just old and vibrations?

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by eugene1 View Post
      Good to hear you guys got back easy without a tow!

Any ideas why the clip came loose, maybe just old and vibrations?

Best,
      Old would describe it! 1986 Mercury 35, but shear been a good old girl! The clip actually broke right at the bolt, just one of those things. Thanks for the kind reply. Was impressed with the ease, pri accuracy of that site and would recommend to anyone needing boat parts. The most costly. Part of the deal was the top of my finger that got ripped off! Was holding the flywheel while my son was cranking the bolt and my grip slipped letting the flywheel teeth tear me up!
      Last edited by Herefishyfishy; 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM. Reason: sorry for spelling and such, phone post!

Comment

Ouch, and glad you had your son helping to get it going again. I have been towed in once before and it sucks to be that guy, but I have towed other boats in too, so it's all good. Like you I now have a kicker so I can feel a little bit more comfortable on the water in case of main motor troubles.

Keep on keepin on, Herefishy,

Comment

Working...
        X