Wilson today

T
TimberTodd
I was finally able to get on the river today for a couple of hours. I was skunked but finally had the chance to use my new 8wt echo rod I bought last July. The river was flowing at a good clip. I saw about every type of weather possible from sun - snow. The last hole I hit was a MESS. I filled a 30 gal. garbage bag with trash.

• 004.jpg
  • 005.jpg
  • 006.jpg
  • 007.jpg
  • 008.jpg
madasahab
madasahab
TimberTodd said:
I was finally able to get on the river today for a couple of hours. I was skunked but finally had the chance to use my new 8wt echo rod I bought last July. The river was flowing at a good clip. I saw about every type of weather possible from sun - snow. The last hole I hit was a MESS. I filled a 30 gal. garbage bag with trash.

Yeah, I've been doing the same with the trash...glad to hear it. Good to know the Wilson was fishable...was thinking of hitting it tomorrow or so...

18406ej
18406ej
No, I will never be the first to say that I know anything about fly fishing. I didn't know that you could fly fish on water like that, but now I have learned something.

The pictures are great and you were definitely at some beautiful spots. I am sure that ALL of us appreciate you and our other members that are willing to clean up after others.

OFF Topic Alert / NOT an intended hijacking:

I think we should start a "Trash" section where we could list when, where and how much trash was picked up. Not only might it help distinguish some patterns, but it would also be interesting to know the volume that is collected each year.

Sincerely,

EJ

hobster
hobster
Awesome! I took a bunch of trash last time as well. My father always used to clean up other peoples trash in our beautiful parks and it made an impression on me. I see it happen often and think its a great thing to clean the rivers and banks, true fisherman would never litter. Way to go guys, if we all chip in it'll help a lot.

T
TimberTodd
EJ, I am still learning the art of flyfishing. I have read in several articles to fish closer to the bank in high water conditions. It was a challenge to find water that was slow enough to actually get a drift/swing without a lot of added shot.

C
cddunn
Thanks for the pics and update. I was planning on heading over there tomorrow, or maybe sleeping in.