Wilson Monday

C
CurtisP87
Hit the Wilson monday afternoon, nothing to show for it. The river is really high and murky, with lots of debris being washed down. Seemed like every other cast would have a chunk of leaves or a stick grabbing my line and creating a belly, so i didn't stay too long. I thought for a moment I'd head over to the trask for a bit (I've heard it clears up quicker) but it was already 3pm, and I've never been to the trask so didn't have much time to explore.
I was pretty high up in the system (no boat), anyone having any luck around tide water?

O
OnTheDrop
CurtisP87 said:
Hit the Wilson monday afternoon, nothing to show for it. The river is really high and murky, with lots of debris being washed down. Seemed like every other cast would have a chunk of leaves or a stick grabbing my line and creating a belly, so i didn't stay too long. I thought for a moment I'd head over to the trask for a bit (I've heard it clears up quicker) but it was already 3pm, and I've never been to the trask so didn't have much time to explore.
I was pretty high up in the system (no boat), anyone having any luck around tide water?

Tidewater is best fished when the rivers are low...The river yesterday was cresting at 9ft before it started to drop..It fishes ideally between 4-5ft..Give it a week atleast and come back...It will be the peak of this fall run when flows do finally drop.

O
osmosis
this coming monday will be a bloodbath all over the coast!
Yesterday was a mud ball pretty much no matter where you went.

O
OnTheDrop
osmosis said:
this coming monday will be a bloodbath all over the coast!
Yesterday was a mud ball pretty much no matter where you went.

Amen to that. Good luck out there.

Wont be out til tuesday or thursday and already have anxiety.

Tight Lines

E
eugene1
I was on Wilson tidewater on Saturday before the river blew up. Really slow, no fish rolling didn't see anyone catch any fish.

madasahab
madasahab
think the tucca, wilson, trask will be fishable sat and sun?

O
OnTheDrop
madasahab said:
think the tucca, wilson, trask will be fishable sat and sun?

Sunday will be better if the predictions are correct..then Monday will be even better and so on til the river gets to normal flows. All of next weeks gunna be fun one..

T
troutmasta
Oh Im just so excited!

L
LawyerBob
Haha. I'm trying to decide whether to try drifting the lower Wilson this Sunday. The newest ODFW reports say fall chinook are in the tidewater and lower river. Might instead hit North Santiam or go banking at Eagle Creek. Choices, choices. Best of luck!

G
Goodtimes
My buddy and I were going to ditch work for the Wilson on Tuesday but looked at the water data and decided to ditch a different day. I'm thinking end of next week work schedule permitting. I'll post any results.

W
waco
LawyerBob said:
The newest ODFW reports say fall chinook are in the tidewater and lower river. Might instead hit North Santiam or go banking at Eagle Creek. Choices, choices. Best of luck!

ODFW have been saying that for Weeks!
Eagle creek! :rolleyes: don't waste your time, is not worth it!