White River rods from Bass Pro Sports

T
Tacomasteelheader
not a fly fisherman so im not saying its bad or good but its usually true:

"you get what you pay for."

good luck with the rod i always love buying rods !

M
moon
My second, and my wife's very first fly rod ever - was a couple of white rivers........ that was a longggggggggggggggggg time ago. I have no idea what their about now days, but our two was a couple of dogs. We gave up with them pretty quick and gave'em to the kids.

Moon

M
MadDog
Gah that is what I'm afraid of. My original plan was to request gift cards from Sports Authority for my birthday and Christmas to get a nice little stash built up so that I could get a decent fly fishing rod. And then when I went to Sports Authority after my birthday (before Christmas) basically every SA store I stopped at in the Portland area said they no longer carried fishing equipment. I may just need to be patient on this. Guess I can use the SA cards to get some camping equipment. For me fishing and camping tend to go hand in hand.

I
I <3 <><
That's a shame, during the time they were getting rid of there fishing stuff everything was 50%-75% off and they had a ton of great stuff for really cheap! I have a white river fly reel and it is very nice, can't speak for the rod though.