Where to go as a veteran to get a free fishing license?

M
mthorp25
Hello all, i am eligible for a free Oregon fishing license due to my status as a Veteran. Does anyone know where i would have to go to take advantage of this? Am i able to walk into a Big 5 or Dicks and get one there, or is there a special office i must go to to show my paperwork?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You !!!

G
Gary W
Your closest fish and wildlife office. Most likely portland. I am from winchester bay so I went to one in Charleston (coos Bay)

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Any game ODFW office can give you your application. You may also be able to get the information on line and they used to have applications in the synopsis. You will need to fill out the application and provide a copy of your Ratings letter, and you will need to renue every I think it is 5 years now. When you get your status approved you will also receive a free hunting license, shell fish license and I think you will also get you Columbia endorsement. The only tag that I know of you will get a break on is your elk tag. There are some other bennies that you will available for also. If you would like drop me a pm and I will drop a list of the items I know about, I am a 100% r.

DLC

M
mthorp25
Diamond Lake Charlie said:
Any game ODFW office can give you your application. You may also be able to get the information on line and they used to have applications in the synopsis. You will need to fill out the application and provide a copy of your Ratings letter, and you will need to renue every I think it is 5 years now. When you get your status approved you will also receive a free hunting license, shell fish license and I think you will also get you Columbia endorsement. The only tag that I know of you will get a break on is your elk tag. There are some other bennies that you will available for also. If you would like drop me a pm and I will drop a list of the items I know about, I am a 100% r.

DLC

Thank you very much for the information !! I read on the application that you have to be a resident for 6 months, and i only got my license in february, so unfortunately i am not eligible until august. So i will have to buy a regular fishing license and whatever endorsement i want until then. But i would love a list of all the bennies that come with the Vet status, i will be filling out the application and submitting as soon as my 6 months is up.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Diamond Lake Charlie said:

DLC

I got my vet lic. so many years ago I couldn't tell you how I got it. Also I have NEVER had to renew it so it sounds like things have changed since I got mine.