Where are the trout?

P
PTownAngler
Does anyone know where to go this time of year to catch some trout? It has to be a lake since its Oct. 31st. All streams are closed to Trout fishing but lakes are open year round. I've been to Faraday everyday for the past 4 days and the fishing is horrible there, same thing at North Fork. I was thinking about Clear lake as i've really been wanting to catch a brook trout. But Clear lake is kinda farther than I want to drive tomorrow.

troutdude
troutdude
Hagg is open, and recently stocked. Faraday, and NFR, are both pretty much "put and take" lakes. They get fished out FAST! If you're willing to go farther--and chase bows or browns--hit Lake Harriet.

E
eugene1
I can't help ya, PTown, have you thought about trying for salmon or steel to get you through the slow trout season? Good water is over the hill for them in the area of Tbay.

In all seriousness, I hope someone else chimes in and can help you out. Maybe Troutski or Troutdude?

Good luck,

P
PTownAngler
I've actually been dying to fish for some steelhead or salmon. I just bought a new rod, some line, a float and some jigs. I just have no idea where to go this time of year, people keep telling me to wait til end of next month. I almost went to carver park instead of faraday today to try for some steelhead. I heard there might be coho in there too.

O
OnTheDrop
Not "ALL" lakes are open year round.

Are you willing to drive a few hours for some good trout fishing or do you want to stay In the general PDX area?

M
Moe
You wouldn't be wasting your time if you were to fish the sandy Monday or Tuesday, if we get enough rain on Saturday. Last batch of coho should be coming

N
nativefish
Where would you recomend going for good trout fishing this time of year? I was thinking of heading up to Olallie next weekend if it didn't snow to much. I dont have experience fishing for them in the winter.