What's the deal?

S
Shawn Johnson
Does anyone have any consistent tricks that work at the pond. About to give up on it, tried a variety of different times, baits, locations on the pond and none of it has worked. Hints, help?

T
Throbbit _Shane
wait until they stock it

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
T
Throbbit _Shane
NWDiscer said:

The only thing in this pond is stocked trout...

T
TTFishon
Give up on it and do what Shane says. I know a place with native cutts about 30 miles from there. PM me and I will give you the location and if you don't catch cutts you'll probably catch bluegill and bass.

R
rippin fish lips
TT and Shane are right.

T
the_intimidator03
Actually there ARE other fish species besides trout in JCP. They are mainly just stunted bluegill and crappie. However I do not believe JCP has been stocked in recent months and will probably not be stocked until Dec-Jan with brooders. So your best bet would be some other water bodies. But if you would like some tips on fishing there gives us an idea what kind of gear your using

T
Throbbit _Shane
If there are other species they are very few and far between. I soaked night crawlers there earlier this year with my parents and its just a stocker trout show.

T
the_intimidator03
I have witnessed and caught small bluegill and also crappie on flies out there.. I do agree they are few and far between. Altho if you drop some small flies under an indicator near the highway side around those bushes you can find em... pretty much where the bushes over hang jcp.