What a day at the canal!

G
grampa ron
For some reason ODFW decided to put 1000 1# trout in the system yesterday. In addition to that they also had 500 more legal size put in. Most people caught a limit of really nice fish. To add to the fun four different people had Steelhead on, none were landed.

hobster
hobster
Yeah, there was a picture this morning in the Guard. I'll bet it'll get fished out quick, thats a lot of nice sized trout!

G
grampa ron
Yes, even KEZI news was there. I would be back today but eith the game on you can't park anywhere near. It might be good fishing tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be pretty bad. Too much wind for fly fishing.

Y
Yogidabear
I was driving over the I 5 bridge and saw the tanker heading to the drop zone. my first thought was maybe there were relocating some salmon from dexter making them get some more excersize back to the dam.

18406ej
18406ej
Grampa Ron-

Sorry I didn't see you there. I was the guy gill-netting up where the Canal comes in from the River. I don't have any Indian heritage but was granted this right by the City when a rat bit me back when this area was a landfill.

Hope you had a good time,

Eamon

Reactions: eggs and TTFishon
B
bran_man
hobster said:
Yeah, there was a picture this morning in the Guard. I'll bet it'll get fished out quick, thats a lot of nice sized trout!

yes the fishing is really only good for a day or two at best! They are out of there faster than a bullet! ha ha. don't get me wrong, you can still catch em after that but much much slower action. November is the time those steelies are showing up in there.

R
rippin fish lips
This post... makes me want to just go there for the steelhead and C&R for the planters... lol

F
fisherman97
When is the next time Alton baker is getting stocked? Does anybody know?