Weather complaints....

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
So, I am tired of this flipping weather and thought it would be healthy to have a place to spew my hatred of such hard rains and inches of it per day at that! Please feel free to use this thread as an outlet to vent your frustrations about how we have gone from being able to fish multiple places and times a week to maybe once every couple weeks depending on which river isn't blown out at the time. I mean, come on. There has to be a happy medium here right. I am left to wonder what is happening to my line on my reels when it stays dry for too long! LOL!

There has to be more OFF'ers that feel this way! Please feel free to get some therapy here and know that you are not alone. I AM READY TO GO FISHING NOW!!!! NOT A WEEK FROM NOW!!!!!

Cheers,

Chris :D

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
"Lady Nino" is taking out her anger on us good! nothing to do but wait it out and enjoy some holiday treats...

Last edited by a moderator:
MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
There can be no happy thoughts here Roger! This is a doom and gloom angry thread! Man that looks delicious! :lol:

C_Run
C_Run
Relax and consider alternative activities such as disc golf....

fOREzHe.jpg

or......

WJGF8VM.jpg

B
Big3d
Yes to everything on this thread. I love the disc golf buoy.

W
wils
I'm hating that our lakes here in Central Oregon will be filling with water way sooner than we will be able to fish them!!! Those are the lakes that have a closed season.:mad-new:
The higher lakes - that are open year round - are totally inaccessible due to the snow pack that your westie storms are sending our way!!!! :livid:

not to mention having way too much time for getting in trouble on the internet...... :apologetic:

Flyinfish57
Flyinfish57
this one feels the authors pain and frustration. times like these call for the "kite" in rivers and streams. fish will move rite along the banks in high grubby water and this is my go-to therapy for the situation. the one pictured has produced steelhead on Lake cr. the Mac and Rogue over the years. just chill in the truck n wait for the rod to go over...PC170219.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Can't go fishing here in the Canyon, either. The Santiam is raging. Can't even go shopping because I am one of the chosen one's who get their SS check at the end of the month! My mini Dachshund, Weezer won't go out in the rain, even with a raincoat, but that's another battle.
Think I'll just sit here and pout!

S
Snopro
Rain down low = snow up high = me lovin it.

It looks like this will be the wettest PDX December on record.

Still plenty of places to fish. Headed out tomorrow.

D
DrTheopolis
Snopro said:
It looks like this will be the wettest PDX December on record.

Since the NWS moved the weather station to PDX, it's almost inevitable that the record will fall.

And still be miles short of the record from the old Downtown weather station (over 20" in 1882).

But "official" records begin in 1940. Interesting they disregard many decades of observed data, but I suppose comparing different locations a few miles apart is like comparing apples to... a different, but similar type of apple.

S
Snopro
DrTheopolis said:
Since the NWS moved the weather station to PDX, it's almost inevitable that the record will fall.

And still be miles short of the record from the old Downtown weather station (over 20" in 1882).

But "official" records begin in 1940. Interesting they disregard many decades of observed data, but I suppose comparing different locations a few miles apart is like comparing apples to... a different, but similar type of apple.

All true and that's why I said PDX and not Portland.:thumb: I have a feeling it won't be "miles short" when we get to the end of the month.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
(sorry Chris)

Last edited by a moderator:
MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Don't be sorry Roger, I found something to do....:harhar: