Waverly lake albany

J
Joeh11
Hey all me and my son are thinking about going to Waverly this Saturday to fish, we wanted to try somewhere new we haven't fished before and it looks like by what odfw book says there are rainbow trout, brown trout, blue catfish crappie and largemouth bass in Waverly. Looking for tips for fishing it anything will help. Thanks

troutdude
troutdude
Brown Trout, in Waverly? I seriously doubt that. And I've never seen, nor heard, of any cats pulled out of there...buy maybe (definitely the right type of habitat). The rest for sure and some bluegill too. I'd just toss a worm 2' under a bobber. Or use the typical Power Bait / Power Eggs OFF of the bottom. With about 4' of leader to float your bait above the weeds. For targeting the trout that is.

J
Joeh11
Ok thanks

Reactions: troutdude
kemfish
kemfish
I think when you read “catfish” in Oregon you can translate that to mean bullheads. They do seem to be listed in a lot of waters statewide.

J
Joeh11
The odfw said there was blue cats in the lake

troutdude
troutdude
Joeh11 said:
The odfw said there was blue cats in the lake
I didn't say that their aren't any. Just that I've never seen any, nor seen any reports of any. Like I said...it's the right type of habitat, so there could be some in there. It's very weedy though, so catching any could be challenging.

J
Joeh11
I was responding to Kim fish, not you trout dude. I appreciate everyone's response, I am just hopeful to catch a blue catfish or a bass or even a crappie. I usually go places hunting for trout so catching so.ething else would be fun. I haven't been there before so is there lots of parking and fishing bank?

troutdude
troutdude
Oh. Ha ha. My bad. I believe that it can be fished from the bank, all around the perimeter. Definitely from at least 2 sides for sure. Not a whole lot of parking spots. But it shouldn't be an issue.