Upper Clack jigs?

F
Fishfishmcbites
Drifting McIver tomorrow at daylight. Been using red and black jigs and haven't had any luck. Anyone know what colors people are using?

S
Steeliekiller
Pink worm white jig, nightmares, just pink worm. Smaller jig heads seem to work better.

F
Fishfishmcbites
Are you just bottom bouncing and floating the worms with a leader?

Y
Yogidabear
No# 63, 31, 29, 81. areojigs they are the top 4 I use in 1/16 and 1/8 ounce with a drennen bobber. also 3 inch mad river nightmare with white jig head and same set up with mad river pink worm. if that does work go home :) I have tried almost all other colors with limited success.

my set up is like this 14 lb berkley nano with bobber stop,bead,float,bead,1/8 ounce sliding barrel weight, bead to protect the knot to a barrel swivel ( double palomar) duo snap to 18 to 24 inch cxx 8 or 6 lb leader jig. I run the worms and jigs about 6 to 12 inches off the deck. works for me.

Last edited:
O
OnTheDrop
Fishfishmcbites said:
Are you just bottom bouncing and floating the worms with a leader?

I really hope you know what you are doing on the Mciver float. It is extremely dangerous with these water levels. First boat ramp and then the minefield...

D
dozer365
I run my bobber stop. Bead. Bobber. 1/2 beaumac. Bead. 3/8 inline. 10 pound ultra green mono. 3 feet of leader. 1/8 jig head. Hole 3 inch mad river worm. I do my own thing to the worm to doctor it up. Or same set up with any various nightmare pattern. Coon shrimp if not getting takes. Like said earlier. If nothing else just pack it in an head home. I'd also caution about maybe using lower launch if u don't know the minefield.

C
ChezJfrey
Last 3 fish I've hooked on a jig on the Clackamas within the last couple weeks were with a Woolly Bugger jig (either 1/8 or 1/4) with a white head, black/red scheme.

F
Fishfishmcbites
image.jpgSteelmonkiller20, long lost forum member and I reeled this guy in off the bottom:)

O
OnTheDrop
ChezJfrey said:
Last 3 fish I've hooked on a jig on the Clackamas within the last couple weeks were with a Woolly Bugger jig (either 1/8 or 1/4) with a white head, black/red scheme.

Hands down the best jig I've came across.

Lost an absolute pig today on the famous Wooly Nightmare.

Was a good day.