Underwater camera

bass
bass
I have always wanted to use one, but I doubt I would see much in the Willie (except in the summer). Still, I am curious as to what is going on when I mark a bunch of sturgeon while sitting on anchor or catch a bunch when only marking a few. What are they doing, is there a difference between biters and non-biters?

I see vidoes of ice fisherman using them to actually see the bites, but I think that rather than using it for this that one could learn a lot about fish behavior with a camera. I think that is where the real benefit lay.

EOBOY
EOBOY
bass said:
I have always wanted to use one, but I doubt I would see much in the Willie (except in the summer). Still, I am curious as to what is going on when I mark a bunch of sturgeon while sitting on anchor or catch a bunch when only marking a few. What are they doing, is there a difference between biters and non-biters?

I see vidoes of ice fisherman using them to actually see the bites, but I think that rather than using it for this that one could learn a lot about fish behavior with a camera. I think that is where the real benefit lay.

Bass I fish a lot of still water for bass, crappie and trout. As I mentioned in another post about barometric pressure, trout laying on the bottom after a certain pressure is reached. That would be an excellent way to prove or disproved that question. It also "might" be helpful in seeing what is hatching or emerging. I want one but will try to hold OFF. OH, probably not.

Thinking about hitting a pond today afternoon for trout in a pond that was stocked last wed.

wolf

A
Ammodog
EOBOY said:
Bass I fish a lot of still water for bass, crappie and trout. As I mentioned in another post about barometric pressure, trout laying on the bottom after a certain pressure is reached. That would be an excellent way to prove or disproved that question. It also "might" be helpful in seeing what is hatching or emerging. I want one but will try to hold OFF. OH, probably not.

Thinking about hitting a pond today afternoon for trout in a pond that was stocked last wed.

wolf

I would be worried about getting tangled in the camera line.

U
Username
Cheating? I think it would be more of s learning experience than anything. My luck I'd get my cameras ate by a lake monster or something though.