Unauthorized hunting on my land!

jamisonace
jamisonace
I've had about 150 birds eating the worms out of my lawn the last few days. This bad boy cleared them all out when he decided to hunt on my land. This is the closest I could get with my 250mm lens. I tried to move in on him after a few pics and he picked his prey up and flew off.

Where are the hawks when my cherries are ripe???

Hawk.jpg

Reactions: rogerdodger
T
TTFishon
Nice!!!

B
billfisher
Thats really cool, the herons always get my goldfish!

E
eugene1
very cool! I've never seen the hunter in my yard, but I've seen the evidence.

troutdude
troutdude
Munching worms out of season. Where are the Game Wardens when you really need 'em?

T
tomriker
nice! we used to have an osprey problem at our lake, then the bald eagles came around... now we have a bald eagle problem and all the osprey are gone

K
Kevinb5688
Thats neat, i have watched guys hunt ducks with trained falcons. Its in the regulation book. 7 bird limit just like shotgun hunting. Its amazing to watch.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
Munching worms out of season. Where are the Game Wardens when you really need 'em?

I think worms are open all year but not for natives, only clipped ones...:D

jamisonace
jamisonace
I C&R the worms anyway....pick 'em out of my lawn and throw them in my compost.

rogerdodger said:
I think worms are open all year but not for natives, only clipped ones...:D

S
salmon_slayer87
Nice picture. I love seeing birds of prey on the ground standing over their kill. I once saw a bald eagle standing over a freshly killed turkey.

Dale

M
Moe
Does anyone know if it is legal to use worms you catch as bait as long as it is dead, or is it illegal to use a game bug?

R
RIVERFISHER
i have seen a few bald eagles eating sheep out towards coburg were my mom and pops finnieus polebender live... got some cool pics to..

T
TTFishon
RIVERFISHER said:
i have seen a few bald eagles eating sheep out towards coburg were my mom and pops finnieus polebender live... got some cool pics to..

I counted 28 bald eagles once in a field in our section at work. About 5 of them were feeding on a large dead sheep.

C
collegekidusa
Super Cool!!!

S
steelhead_slayer
I saw one of those with a fresh caught bird in town the other day. last year I came up on a huge golden eagle eating a deer

18406ej
18406ej
I hate those stupid blue heron. They are sneaky and heartless jerks, wading around in shallows looking for helpless small fish and stealing koi every chance they get. That and the fact that they always scare the sh-t out of me when I stumble across them in the bankside brush and they take off.

Bastards.

EJ

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
I C&R the worms anyway....pick 'em out of my lawn and throw them in my compost.

Im more of a trophy wormer myself...

R
rippin fish lips
salmon_slayer87 said:
Nice picture. I love seeing birds of prey on the ground standing over their kill. I once saw a bald eagle standing over a freshly killed turkey.

Dale

Went fishing in my favorite area in june this year (mid june to be exact) Waded up to a tailout i like to fish for trout (tree sits in middle of tailout)... well... me and my friend ryan walked up on a bald eagle eating a nice summer run steelhead on the log. He saw us and then proceeded to fly away with his meal.

On the way back down stream to get to the car, we ran into a 1/4 eatin steelhead on the bank. Dead one on bank, and dead one with the eagle, 2 fish seen in 1 day. Before seein this i hooked and landed a nice one about a week before this. SAw this, then anoither week later i hook up into a nice one and bank it for the tag.

Turns out... there must have been a lot of fish that i couldn't get to in this area. was awesome!

F
fredaevans
billfisher said:
Thats really cool, the herons always get my goldfish!

Discovered I had a resident Raccoon .... Same result. Finally gave up on 're-stocking.'

W
washahands
On the way back from the fish store, stop off and pick up a livetrap.... or some buckshot.

fredaevans said:
Discovered I had a resident Raccoon .... Same result. Finally gave up on 're-stocking.'