TunaBut weekend

P
plumb2fish
tunabutt.jpg

Went to Newport with buddies this weekend and we found some albacore and some flatties....16 tuna and a 47", 46", and 43" halibut. Pretty good time on an ultra flat ocean. I've seen mudpuddles with worse wind chop than we had to deal with. I was using a doulbe circle hok set-up and actually landed the 47" and a 42 1/2" on the same drop....good thing they fought each other more than they fought me or I may not have gotten them off the bottom.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
F
flocaster
Damn, that's a hell of a good trip! I can't imagine bringing up two halibut at the same time.

J
JeannaJigs
Hell yeah! Best eating fish ever right there. Sometime I need to do the halibut/tuna gig. Next year maybe.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
T
TOJIACK FLOATMAN
Nice Haul ! EXTREME jealousy on the double Halibut hook up !!! Fresh Halibut and Tuna ? doesn't get any better than that . Tired of old Charlie in a can and those things they call fish sticks in "MY" freezer . Will be fixin this soon but not soon enough ,,,

D
dtikey
good job Mikey drop some off anytime buddy

D
DYJ
Nice haul. We were and out on that ocean.... I should've brought the wake board to make the trip back in funner :lol:

12 Tuna for us...

T
Throbbit _Shane
Yummmy!!!!

We ate the last of my Halibut last week. I really need to find a way out there again haha.

E
eugene1
Very nice, congrats!

R
rippin fish lips
dtikey said:
good job Mikey drop some off anytime buddy

Nice fish Plumb! So mike, halibut and tuna are the only fish you like????

D
dtikey
rippin fish lips said:
Nice fish Plumb! So mike, halibut and tuna are the only fish you like????

Tuna Halibut Sturgeon Ling Cod but this is on rare occasions that I do Like Probally total 5 times a year Tanner

C
CoastieFlo
Halibut is now CLOSED on the central coast...just fyi guys :)