Trout of the year 2012

Admin
Admin
Post a picture of yourself with your trout of the year. If you don't mind to share, please post a brief summary (when, where, how ;)).

F
fishing_mission
This is the biggest one I got a picture of. Lost creek reservoir trolling a green wooly bugger

trout.png

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Socaaron
Caught this big guy this October down by Agency lake in southern oregon. Him and his buddies were pretty darn wily; even by sight fishing took me till the second day to figure a good strategy for getting them to bite without getting spooked. Takedown came on a brown trout colored Thomas Bouyant

2012-09-10 17.21.09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C
Combat Chuck
Howard Prairie this fall... quick limits for everyone! Just kept it simple chucking bait.
251167017_n.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Got these, just prior to July 4th, in Eastern Oregon.

The one on the left, is just under 19", but FAT:

0703021526.jpg

[that's Prineville Reservoir, in the background]

And here is his twin brother (at the bottom of this pic), from the day before. Also just a shade under 19"; but note the girth!

The one in the middle, was 17 or 18", and the one on top 12"; for comparison.

0702021911.jpg

The best part of all...they made MULTIPLE RUNS and STRIPPED LOTS O' LINE!!! It was a BLAST w/ Ultralight gear!!!

Last edited:
B
bran_man
This is my trout of 2012. Was my P.R. Trout at 5 pounds caught in me and my dads secret pond up in the mountains on a plain worm.
attachment.jpg

C
cullen
i caught this little guy on a red and silver spoon out of a secret body of water.
he wasn't big but he was a fun little catch and he was a good camera model
IMG_20111016_125315.jpg

F
fishfry
These were my two biggest of the year, both coming in around 28 inches. The one on the right was my biggest native to date on the fly rod :D Talk about a blast on my 6wt rod.

S
simijab
Resampled_2011-11-13_10-08-01_379.jpgEastern sierras California

Last edited:
H
hawgcaller
bran_man said:
This is my trout of 2012. Was my P.R. Trout at 5 pounds caught in me and my dads secret pond up in the mountains on a plain worm.
I would of went with the bully man, you slayed some trout last year.

M
Moe
Didn't do much trout just a lot of sturgeon, but here is a big ol brooder

I
I need stitches
Here is my trophy trout so far for the year 30" 11lbs
image.jpg