Trolling Siletz Bay

J
jesse202505
On sept 15 coho opens up on the siletz and I will be taking the boat out and trolling for salmon, last weekend I saw a few guys catch some nice kings off the bank and off thier boats. any advice as to what kind of trolling setups to use? how deep should I be running my gear? will bobber and eggs work further up by the 101 bridge? I enjoy bobber fishing so i want to try both things. thanks for the help!

R
rum runner
thats where i grew up... bobner fishn dont start till up river around strome park and trolling id use k15 and k14 kwick fish wrapped in herring and pull nose spin herring 1 rod a few feet from bottom and one in the middle zone good luck out out there

J
jesse202505
thanks for the tips! and by nose pin herring do you mean that lure that allows you to troll a whole herring ?

R
rum runner
yep. there r 2 ways to do it they got one that clips on to the head of the herring or one that slides over it iv seen some that had a wire in them and u can bend it to your prefferd spin bit iv only seen one of them pretty cool design though

J
jesse202505
rum runner said:
yep. there r 2 ways to do it they got one that clips on to the head of the herring or one that slides over it iv seen some that had a wire in them and u can bend it to your prefferd spin bit iv only seen one of them pretty cool design though

Would cut plug herring work just as good? I got some really good tips the other day.

R
rum runner
yah it works also