Trail cams

R
rum runner
im looking into a trail cam and never used them before what should i look at for specs and all the goodies they have? like ir flash blur,pic range memory all that. i know the high end names give u every thing and then some all the way to satellite up load to your comp for them lazy people but im looking for bang for my buck any info would be great thanks.

R
rippin fish lips
I wouldn't know anything but i know that if you send a PM over to Dtkey, Mike. He would probably hook it up with some good information on trail Cams.

R
rum runner
o yah i know he would i also know he uses a wild game nation cam so its got to be good and seeing the pics it takes its on my list of ones to look at but just asking around to see what every one has to say thanks for the thought i will deff. be sending him a pm. and hows the trouts been treating you

T
Toyracer38
I use a Tasco 5mp w/ night vision, to keep tabs on the deer and elk in my backyard. Think it was around $100. On its third year of use, and have been very happy with it. It does shoot video, but i've yet to try it. Pictures are very good if the animals are moving slowly or still, otherwise they will blur. Would say what ever you get, make sure it has an infrared flash. This wont spook the animals and in fact does seem to make them curious.

R
rum runner
thanks for the info! i spent 2 hrs looking at cams at cabelas today ended up with the primos ultra 35 it has vid. 35 IR lights 40 foot night sight and multiple vid/photo modes to select and at 119 bucks it was the best deal in my mind compared to models that were 200 and up for the same thing maybe 50 foot night sight or it was cammo so thats what i ended up with. setting it up tomorrow for a week with some deer treats to see what i can find.

D
dtikey
I was thinking about getting some of the primos cams myself jared sounds like you did good and i would give it more time then a week to let the animals get into your cam area and get comfortable. I will useally wait two weeks before i go back in for the first time in a new season and always spray my cams down with scent killer after checking them and changing batteries

R
rum runner
sounds good i sprayed it down and went in sprayed down also. and poured a bunch of deer cane and C'mere deer all over a stump about 40 feet out from the cam

D
dtikey
Perfect but let me suggests having your trial can only about 10-15 feet from your attractant. Will be a lot happier with pics and easier for can to since the body hear and movement

R
rum runner
Good to know ill keep that in mind next time i set it up!

J
Jig'n
I've had really good luck with the Bushnell Trophy Cams. Just the older, smaller plain Jane models. They are 8MP and 740 video with field scan. We use them for security at work and I use them for wildlife watching/hunting.

I've done some research on the newer Bushnell Trophies like the HD and Blackout HD and haven't been too impressed, I'll stick to the older model. You can find the older models on Amazon for around $130-140.

Jig'n