Tragic for Umpqua springers

S
smoky
Sad day you think someone would be checking it more often.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a horrible waste! It's going to be difficult to recover from one hour of one mistake. Let's just hope ODFW will find a way to release more very soon.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
smoky said:
Sad day you think someone would be checking it more often.

My thought exactly. Have a better water monitoring system.

L
Lurker
A single fish carcus? Conspiracy theorists: unite!

hobster
hobster
Yeah that just sucks :sad:

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'm certain this was perpetrated by Chris Daughters.

Lurker said:
A single fish carcus? Conspiracy theorists: unite!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
very sad...but now that means even more pressure on the slaw at that time and that's going to suck.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GoBlueFan said:
very sad...but now that means even more pressure on the slaw at that time and that's going to suck.

not exactly, I think the pre-smolts lost were springers...so no impact on Fall runs...

K
kwikfisher
Fall Chinook

Fall Chinook

So the fall chinook season has started as of 7/1 on the umpqua, might a launch out of Winchester bay be a fair bet next week? Hard to say I'm sure in these unusual times. Happy 4th everybody!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
kwikfisher said:
So the fall chinook season has started as of 7/1 on the umpqua, might a launch out of Winchester bay be a fair bet next week? Hard to say I'm sure in these unusual times. Happy 4th everybody!

just a regulation technicality but it has been open for spring chinook since Feb.1 and then it magically switches to fall chinook on 8/1...I have always heard the end of July is when Winchester Bay starts seeing fall nooks...

J
JonT
Good ol' hatcheries!

jamisonace
jamisonace
I agree Jon. Hatcheries are good. They are an important part of our conservation efforts, important to our sport fishing industry and a wonderful asset to our state. It's nice to agree with you on this.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk