Trade shows...

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Hey guys,

I am starting a new tackle company here in the NW. Name to be announced in the near future. I am looking to source a company or companies that can sell me wholesale blades, beads, and other misc. supplies to start my company, so I thought about going to the ICAST show in Orlando Florida in July. Has anyone ever been to ICAST? If so, did you find it to be a valuable trip? I am also looking to catch my first Tarpan while Im in Florida, if I end up going.

Thoughts or suggestions for other shows would be great!

Cheers,

Chris

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I know know nothing about ICAST.

Good luck with the business venture Chris!

T
troutmasta
I want to catch a tarpon, on a fly, from a paddle board, in the everglades....

I get my stuff from www.lurepartsonline.com

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
I looked there but generally speaking, if you don't have to provide proof of business, or tax ID then you're paying online retail for stuff. Thanks for the replies. I think Im just going to attend for the hell of it.:D

Cheers,

Chris

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Let me know if you need an assistant to go along. :thumb: :D

bass
bass
MrGrumpFish said:
Hey guys,

I am starting a new tackle company here in the NW. Name to be announced in the near future. I am looking to source a company or companies that can sell me wholesale blades, beads, and other misc. supplies to start my company, so I thought about going to the ICAST show in Orlando Florida in July. Has anyone ever been to ICAST? If so, did you find it to be a valuable trip? I am also looking to catch my first Tarpan while Im in Florida, if I end up going.

Thoughts or suggestions for other shows would be great!

Cheers,

Chris

I have only heard of ICAST but never attended. I assume you will check out the Northwest Sportsman's show coming up here in a few weeks. I would guess that there might be some suppliers of lure components there.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
You are going to need a tax ID and/or some corporate affiliation if you want to attend ICAST. I have been a couple times, as a representative of another vendor, and it is by far the cheapest way to get in the door. Make a buddy and save big money.

As far as manufacturers of blades go, I know of no domestic companies that make more blades than Worth. They do all that stuff... I assume you have talked to them already?

Yes, ICAST is where you want to be if pressing the flesh is on the agenda. Did I find it useful? Yes, and no. It is what it is, but it can be a good way to make connections in the industry. There really is no other game in town stateside.

SS

Reactions: Raincatcher