This happen to you?

H
Halfthrive
Just gotta ask if this ever happened to anybody else.

I fished the Siletz today and used the shuttle service at the Logsden store. My truck was waiting for me as planned but when I started it I immediately noticed that I had about a 1/4 of a tank less gas then when I launched. Not only that but there was about 35 miles extra on my trip meter than when I launched. I'm thinking they either used MY rig to shuttle everybody else, they went joy ridding, or they just siphoned it out. I don't know. I barley had the gas to get back because I used my last twenty to pay for the stinking shuttle!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Sounds like to me you got railroaded, and they used your rig to do a few shuttles on your dime.

Unfortunate, as per that shuttle being used on my trips as well. Never thought to pay attention to that.

E
eugene1
Ouch man, that sucks! I never used that one before.

O
OnTheDrop
That's messed up man,

M
Moe
You should get a cheap camera or tape recorder and hide it in there. Get some evidence and hit with the threat of police unless they want to slip you some cash haha

O
OnTheDrop
Moe said:
You should get a cheap camera or tape recorder and hide it in there. Get some evidence and hit with the threat of police unless they want to slip you some cash haha

ha. I like it ^^

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I know nothing about shuttle services so I have to ask, do you leave your vehicle keys with them? I always thought they simply picked you up and ferried you back to wherever you parked your rig. Either way, that really stinks! Next time, place a couple mouse traps (set them first) under a light cover over the seat and a couple on the floor by the brake and accelerator. Sure fire way to find out if someone is inside your rig. :D

O
OnTheDrop
Raincatcher said:
I know nothing about shuttle services so I have to ask, do you leave your vehicle keys with them?

Yeah, most people will leave there keys or simply hide them somewhere on your rig for them to get.

Must really suck when you put your trust into this service and they take advantage of you. Not cool. If I were Halfthrive I'd be calling them up

18406ej
18406ej
I don't want to hijack (Barb started it), but I also know nothing about shuttle service. If they move vehicles around do they have some sort of insurance rider, or is any crash or other vehicle damage covered by each individual's policy?

jamisonace
jamisonace
I only use the shuttle in siletz next to the little chief. What boat were you in? I fished it yesterday too. Pretty slow for us but did manage a fresh 9lb hen.

H
Halfthrive
jamisonace said:
I only use the shuttle in siletz next to the little chief. What boat were you in? I fished it yesterday too. Pretty slow for us but did manage a fresh 9lb hen.

I was in a white Heisler. Was very slow. We caught one, one guide buddy of mine didn't get a hit, and another drifted from moonshine all the way the Ojalla bridge for two kelts.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Take this advice from someone who's from Siletz. I'm a local and I wouldn't trust most the people in my hometown with my truck. I actually know a couple people who have shuttled non-local fishermen's trucks and they told me they haul ass down Logsden road in people rigs and the nicer the car/truck the more reckless they drive. If I was you I wouldn't let strangers drive your rig especially if it's nice and has valuables inside it. As for the siphoning it's surely a possibility and unfortunately I know people who have siphoned before. If I was you I wouldn't let anyone else drive your truck and if your going to park it somewhere, park it in the open where someone's more likely to be caught siphoning your gasoline.

J
JeannaJigs
That's messed up. I don't trust any stranger with my vehicle. After having everything stolen from me last year (not during a shuttle) I am so paranoid about people messing with my stuff. I leave it unlocked with nothing inside except a dog leash and a choke chain. If they want to steal that, whatever. I've heard some horror stories about vehicles getting wrecked during the shuttle process and you're pretty much screwed if that happens. The only shuttle route I go is if they shuttle me personally, or if I know the person personally.