Think I found a bass buddy!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Met up with FishWhisperer44 and he certainly lived up to his name. I didn't hook a fish today he was hot. We were targeting Bass but he picked up a handful of trout and a couple of small bass. I was in a spot and kept getting bites but I just couldn't set the hook. Bryan came over by me and threw out a Whacky rig and wham he get's a trout. He was like, I don't believe this. Well believe it. He caught another shortly after. Not really what you would think a Trout would hit.

He started talking about doing the Tuality and the Willy. Just what I wanted to hear. So hopefully this will be a good year for Bass'in.

EOBOY

Chromatose
Chromatose
It is always great to meet up with others that have the same passion............................

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
I had a blast today. Those "silverback" bass sure were aggressive!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Fishwhisperer44 said:
I had a blast today. Those "silverback" bass sure were aggressive!

Yeah and I still have no idea why I couldn't set the hook! And since we both smoke I can't blame it on that, I guess it was that limp wrist jerk. I love this pic.

• whacky1.jpg
P
playhooky
EOBOY said:
Yeah and I still have no idea why I couldn't set the hook! And since we both smoke I can't blame it on that, I guess it was that limp wrist jerk. I love this pic.

Sounds like the bite was on so I'm assuming the BP was 30+. Too bad you couldn't get the skunk out of box . Oh well, next time!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Hooky:

It was 29.98 the water was 46 to 48* depending on the area we were in. The fish seemed to be on the bottom as we were fishing deep and slow with whacky rigs and tube worms. To me it seemed they would tug it a couple of times. Not really "take" but Bryan just kept pulling them out left and right.

EOBOY

bass
bass
Thanks for the report EOBOY, sorry that you were a victim of the white stripe but I am sure you will get them next time. I fished the Willie for a couple of hours on Sunday around Newberg for bass and could not prove they existed - I did verify a large healthy population of pikieminnows though :)