The Oregon coast winter steelhead

P
Phil_Bud
Went down to the Chetco River this week and fished 2 days. The first, I was rained off the river but the second I got a solid day in and had good success catching 2 chrome bright winter steelhead running plugs! I seen some huge salmon landed as well and I definitly learned enough by catching and seeing a fish caught to feel confident enough to run trips down there.

• CHROMER Chetco.jpg
  • Hatchery.jpg
  • net.jpg
  • CHROME DOME.jpg
Reactions: Admin
D
dtikey
awsome looking fish man way to go!!!!I have never fished that far south only down to the elk but have leard great reports from thier for years

B
bran_man
Nice fish guys! You guys always do pretty well down south! Ill have to try and hit you guys up for sure if I'm ever down that far ! :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice fish Phil!! Gonna have to make it down to the Chetco some time!

R
rippin fish lips
Killin it! I will have to give you a call sometime and set up a trip for next year

P
Phil_Bud
dtikey said:
awsome looking fish man way to go!!!!I have never fished that far south only down to the elk but have leard great reports from thier for years
Thanks... I'm headin back this week... I may go up to the Elk or Sixes because it drops a lot faster than the Chetco. The Rogue is right there too. Awesome fishing for sure.

P
Phil_Bud
bran_man said:
Nice fish guys! You guys always do pretty well down south! Ill have to try and hit you guys up for sure if I'm ever down that far ! :)
No doubt buddy give me a call...Brood stock program on the Chetco pumps out some big hatchery fish!

P
Phil_Bud
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice fish Phil!! Gonna have to make it down to the Chetco some time!
Hell yeah Shane. Bring the video camera haha

P
Phil_Bud
rippin fish lips said:
Killin it! I will have to give you a call sometime and set up a trip for next year
Yeah no doubt buddy. Trophy Kings and steelhead. The Kings are still coming in and you can keep them until march I believe. Rain pushes them up and if you do get one this time of year it's usually a 30, 40 or 50 pound fish. Winter steelhead season is just beginning though. Hopefully we'll talk to you next season then buddy,