The hot streak ends...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
what a beautiful evening on the river, jacks and coho and big fish jumping all over the place...no action for 2 hours on our poles and then a soft hook-up as I am bringing up my pole the last time, then it starts running and keeps pulling harder and as I get the drag seriously tightened up just to slow the run, this is my back-up pole/reel, it jumps too firm, fish still pulling strong and off. at first I thought it was a bad hook-up, but the 30# leader held and the hook bent!, bummer of a way to lose a big king but there are plenty more to go after.... top hook is what it should look like, bottom is what came back...

we saw a nice big coho released smoothly near the 29 marker, they are definitely here and ready for the opening on Sunday, go get them!

cheers, roger

E
eugene1
Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. At least you're getting into some serious action this season. We lost two nooks on bent kwik hooks this year. Turns out my newbie partner had turned the drag too tight.

Best,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. At least you're getting into some serious action this season. We lost two nooks on bent kwik hooks this year. Turns out my newbie partner had turned the drag too tight.

Best,

thanks man, 7 for 7 on nice kings on 3 short outings is a streak and hope that everyone gets to enjoy...tonight I was caught in the "kinetic friction" to "static friction" trap that I damn well should have been ready for....'Mrs. Rogerdodger' is back from Seattle and has made it clear that we better get a king hooked up for her next week...but she is fine if it is just a mid-20's hen...tight lines all..roger

E
eugene1
LOL, make sure they are spinning extra good for the Mrs.

Best,

B
bran_man
Dang! Still beats a full skunk though! You'll get em next time! Let me know if you're ever lonely! I can always help fill am empty seat for ya ha ha