Tahk/Silt double coho 'ho-no'...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
we fished Tahk all morning, Mallard and 5mile arms, nothing rolling or jumping, no catching for us* or any boats around us. it seems the rain caused the fish in there to run up the inlet streams...

we fished Siltcoos all afternoon, by the inlet, Fiddle (totally dead) and Maple (maybe 2 jumps) arms, then by the inlet again (totally dead), nothing rolling or jumping, no catching for us or any boats around us. water level is higher by about a foot since my last check on Wednesday.

so about 8 hours total on the water actually fishing, usually with at least 3 or 4 other boats near us in view, did not see a single fish hooked up.

cheers, roger

*Rachelle caught a 12" smallmouth bass on a black/orange spinner. we decided to name it "dinner". :thumb:

B
billfisher
Thanks for the report! I fished siltcoos from 9 till 2:30. didn't see a fish caught or jump or swirl. Sure was a nice calm day though. I went down to the dam for the first time. Nothing jumping there either.

1 nut in the water
rogerdodger said:
we fished Tahk all morning, Mallard and 5mile arms, nothing rolling or jumping, no catching for us* or any boats around us. it seems the rain caused the fish in there to run up the inlet streams...

we fished Siltcoos all afternoon, by the inlet, Fiddle (totally dead) and Maple (maybe 2 jumps) arms, then by the inlet again (totally dead), nothing rolling or jumping, no catching for us or any boats around us. water level is higher by about a foot since my last check on Wednesday.

so about 8 hours total on the water actually fishing, usually with at least 3 or 4 other boats near us in view, did not see a single fish hooked up.

cheers, roger

*Rachelle caught a 12" smallmouth bass on a black/orange spinner. we decided to name it "dinner". :thumb:

I thought that might have been your vehicle that we parked next to. The OFF & lab decal were a giveaway.
Not a bite for us either but I just talked to a guy at the cleaning station that has 2 and a jack that he got today in there.........
We started the day on Mercer for some trout just to bring back memories of what it is like to catch a fish! Incredible weather there and zero wind.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
1 nut in the water said:
I thought that might have been your vehicle that we parked next to. The OFF & lab decal were a giveaway.
Not a bite for us either but I just talked to a guy at the cleaning station that has 2 and a jack that he got today in there.........
We started the day on Mercer for some trout just to bring back memories of what it is like to catch a fish! Incredible weather there and zero wind.

hey Jon- got your biz card, figured you were out and came in after we launched at about noon...I want to see a big surge of coho into the lakes but so far, it just isn't happening...roger

N
nwdunerider
My friends fished Tahkenitch thurs and fri with only one fish that followed in and struck at the last moment . No hookup
Sure seems like there should be some biters with the new rain
Another group trying tomorrow , maby we just need some time for the fish to move in !!

N
nwdunerider
I am going Sunday , just not sure if its the lakes or the siuslaw above mapelton