Sunday report

H
handmethewrench
We landed a nice trout from pond #3, we walked to the far side of the parking lot and caught it on power bait: rainbow (red,white,blue) off the bottom, about 2 1/2 ft. leader. That was our only action but it was out first time there. I plan on returning for some crappie soon.

J
jlayman0270
We've had tremendous success using mealworms for the crappie. They sell them at Gervais Market on your way through town.

H
HereFishy
I didn't have much luck on Saturday when I went. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Too bad less people didn't equal more fish for me. I caught a couple Bluegill. That was about it. The automated stocking report (971-673-6000) says they're gonna put 3000 legals in this week. Where is pond 3? I've heard a lot about pond 6 and 3, but the only sign I've noticed there is on pond 6. The right side of pond 6 (as you're walking towards it from the parking spot) seems to be the honey hole for me. I just use worms about 18 inches under a balsa float. I've never got as much as a nibble using spinners, jigs, powerbait, eggs, etc. The fish there only seem interested in what I have if its a very fresh worm.

Happy fishing,
Kyle

G
Gary LipRipper
Re Sunday report

Re Sunday report

HereFishy said:
I didn't have much luck on Saturday when I went. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Too bad less people didn't equal more fish for me. I caught a couple Bluegill. That was about it. The automated stocking report (971-673-6000) says they're gonna put 3000 legals in this week. Where is pond 3? I've heard a lot about pond 6 and 3, but the only sign I've noticed there is on pond 6. The right side of pond 6 (as you're walking towards it from the parking spot) seems to be the honey hole for me. I just use worms about 18 inches under a balsa float. I've never got as much as a nibble using spinners, jigs, powerbait, eggs, etc. The fish there only seem interested in what I have if its a very fresh worm.

Happy fishing,
Kyle

Hi... I called the automated stocking number, and there was no mention of stocking St louis Ponds.:naughty:

H
HereFishy
I just called again. The list completely changed. Yesterday I'm pretty sure I heard; 10,000 going to Detroit Res., 7000 going in to Henry Hagg, and 3000 going to St. Louis ponds. I haven't been fishing long so I don't really know, but is that a lot? It seems like a lot to me. I probably misheard. I was on a noisy job site. Apologies.. Anyone feel like meeting at the ponds on Sunday? I'm thinking about heading out there. If I don't get burnt out/discouraged floating the S. Santiam on Saturday.

P
pyrovespin
I Ran a Event there on The 4th, they stocked pond 6 with 1200 for my event.

P
pyrovespin
HereFishy said:
I just called again. The list completely changed. Yesterday I'm pretty sure I heard; 10,000 going to Detroit Res., 7000 going in to Henry Hagg, and 3000 going to St. Louis ponds. I haven't been fishing long so I don't really know, but is that a lot? It seems like a lot to me. I probably misheard. I was on a noisy job site. Apologies.. Anyone feel like meeting at the ponds on Sunday? I'm thinking about heading out there. If I don't get burnt out/discouraged floating the S. Santiam on Saturday.

We had ODFW stock pond #6 with 1,200 Trout on Friday the 3rd for our Fishing Event on the 4th.. Fishing Derby 2013 039 (Medium).JPGFishing Derby 2013 037 (Medium).JPG

T
Throbbit _Shane
Hope that Bass was released. They arnt good eating and the big ones are the females so we need them for our future generations!