Stroke victim 12 years fly fishing again!

D
disabledfisherman
This last week we were in our booth at The Lane County Fair. Disabled Fishing Oregon has Oregons only accessible fishing website. DisabledFishingOregon.net is desihned to help the disabled fish again and to help them fish for free.

Well, being disabled, terminally ill and almost blind, I wanted to help people. Friday, a gentleman in a wheelchair came to our booth. He was an avid flyfisherman. 12 years ago he had a stroke and hasn't fished since. I asked him why? He said because he has no use of his left arm. Long story short, He had no idea that there are places to fish and adaptive equipment to help him fish. n addition, we have partner programs designed to take him fishing.

Please, visit our website and donate today so we can keep going to events and keep helping the disabled fish again. It gives us hope. Even a $10 donation makes a huge difference until we start getting our grants next year!!
Thanks,
Craig Brown
Founder/Treasurer

troutdude
troutdude
What a great concept! You are the man Craig! I'll spread the word, on my Facebook page. Keep up the great work.

T
TimberTodd
:clap::clap::clap::clap: X2 on what Troutdude said.

D
disabledfisherman
Thanks guys. Please do spread the word. Not everyone can afford to donate, but the more that know the more that will. Thanks again

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Keep up the excellent work! :clap: We have a couple other sites that help mostly disabled Veterans and they are, like yours, invaluable. Please keep coming back with more reports and pictures. :D

E
eugene1
Remember that it's not really about donations, just getting more people out fishing!

Lot's of folks down here donate time on their boats to bring disabled vets out for fishing events. Maybe you could look into that route as well? I know I would rather give a disabled person a ride on the water with a chance to catch fish instead of sending any $ to an organization.

Best,

disabledfisherman said:
Thanks guys. Please do spread the word. Not everyone can afford to donate, but the more that know the more that will. Thanks again

Reactions: Raincatcher
hobster
hobster
What a cool thing to do, amazingly cool. I think its great what you are doing and I wish you good luck. I've always wondered what it would be like if an injury prevented me from fishing and I think i'd sink into a major depression. Kudos to you my friend, I think i'll have to donate to this when I get home from work.