Stripers fishing

S
striperfear1973
whos goin after stripers!!!?

J
Jdangler xD
I am super curious but don't know much about them. I hear they are hard to find. I hear they get em in the surf :)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
striperfear, here's your chance to share some of your expertise and knowledge. What gear do you use? What do you use for bait? What kind of water should folks think about trying? Just think, you can be a hero and make some new friends to boot. :thumb: Whatta ya say?

S
striperfear1973
the biggest hero mark i vcan make is , time on the water , is the key , and that is the hard part , mapping and document every trip and learn from them , scout , talk to people , but most of all its just getting out and doing it

S
striperfear1973
striper.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wow, that's the same advice given on every other species of fish. Thanks. :worthy:

S
striperfear1973
trhe hard thing about stripers is that they you cannot pattern them , there really is no set season or place , smith, umpqua , coos , coquille all hacve stripers , they eat about any bait fish , and will hit about any plug you throw at them , fish at night , thats when they feed the most , like i said before , finding them is the toughest part

S
striperfear1973
stripers are opportunist, they will follow baitfish in and out of the rivers , right now they are coming into the rivers to spawn , they will be in big pods or schools , mostly smaller fish , the big females will most likely be alone , they will cover a lot of water ,going upriver , the best thing to do now ,is to troll plugs at night , totally darked out , no lights , and very quiet , electric motor is a must , they are very spooky when they get into the rivers , if you are fishing with somebody and one rod gets hit ,leave the other rod outas long as you can , often times on that is fighting triggers the rest into a frenzy and the other rod will get hammered quickly , you may troll all night with not a touch , or you may hit a good school of fish , its really a crap shoot , but you just have to put in the time ,

Reactions: Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thank you! I'm sure that will help out a lot of folks interested in going after the stripers in the area. :thumb:

N
nwdunerider
Cast a herring from the bank just like you would rig up for sturgeon at the 2 mile marker on Smith river road at night.
My cousin caught a mid 50 incher there.
Another good place is from the boat ramp at the Noel Ranch wayside . Thats about at the 10 mile mark

Reactions: Raincatcher