Steelie on the Siuslaw

C
CoeRoe
I met 4 great guys on the Siuslaw today who were willing to teach a new dog old tricks. Dave was fly-fishin' and catchin' a lot of fish, Scott was spinnin', Robin and Mike were floatin'. Scott is there with the trout. Robin and Mike are are there with the buck that Mike caught. I got to hold it for a shot. Mike was loudly praisin' the heavens and the fishing god(s) and/or The God while workin' it to the bank. It was really nice to be with a bunch of guys with good etiquette and good humor... and Sam Adams. AND Mike let me take the buck home for some nice fillets. Sweet. Thanks for a nice day, guys.

• DSCN0472.jpg
  • DSCN0473.jpg
  • DSCN0474.jpg
  • DSCN0476.jpg
Reactions: Scott M
S
Scott M
God, but I look real happy with that little fish. :lol: First hook up in seven years......you bet I was happy!:think: Nice little piece of water. Thanks for posting up the pics Cody!!

E
eugene1
Nice steelie, and good times are hard to beat.

Best,

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sounds like a good day had by all! Nice fish guys!

R
radiation
I've talked to Mike and Robin several times there at that hole. There are a core group that fish there that are a great group of guys that I have learned a ton from. I've also heard some fish stories that I have had to swear an oath not to repeat! :naughty:

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish!

B
bythesea
good fun,cody...I can't wait to get back in town again looks like the water levels have gone back up a little.

M
mikeredding
Great pic. Thanks for sharing but I couldn't help but notice the oddity on the ground above the fish.

E
eugene1
LOL mike,

i didn't see the corn pile before your post!

yuk,

mikeredding said:
Great pic. Thanks for sharing but I couldn't help but notice the oddity on the ground above the fish.

T
Throbbit _Shane
lmao! Just noticed that too because of Mike.

Wonder if any members can make some corny jokes about that picture haha.

E
eugene1
Funny story about the slaw, kind of. Get buddy's boat launched and park truck. I get out and step 1 inch from a pile of human feces topped off with some fast food type napkins. Argh...

This was at the Whitaker launch (of course). At least it looks like that pile of crap was from a dog in the pic above.

1 nut in the water
Holy ****!
Nice fish!!

Top Bottom