Steelhead in Northfork what to use?

M
Messymitch
Recently went to North Fork and found a pocket with some stwelhead. Every lure I threw out had no luck. Had a few follow just to turn away. Amy suggestions on lure type?

Thanks!

B
bran_man
I would suggest some size 3 or maybe 4 blue Fox or knd sprocket spinners. My favorite is the blue bell body with the silver blade. also try silver or brass 1/4oz. spoons work well also. with a low and slow or medium retrieve speed. I would also try bobber and eggs if you can use bait in the river or bobber and jig

F
FishNinja
Messymitch said:
Recently went to North Fork and found a pocket with some stwelhead. Every lure I threw out had no luck. Had a few follow just to turn away. Amy suggestions on lure type?

Thanks!

I just started looking at him like WTF????? Four times he fell off that rock! LOL

troutdude
troutdude
In low/clear water conditions, I prefer smaller sizes like a 1 or 2 spinner. Also...sometimes when fish are following a "pause" on the retrieve will trigger a bite. And think "low and slow" w/ spinners as a general rule (just like Bran Man suggested).

troutdude
troutdude
FYI Bait is illegal on the LNF. It's also only legal, at this time of year, to keep fin clipped fish.

S
Steeliekiller
How far up the fork are you fishing.

T
tonym
I went up that river today from the hwy to bear creek and didn't see/catch a thing. There weren't even baby fish just some chubs under the bridge... Your spot must be high up :think: