Steelhead help...

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I did some low water exploring from from the boulder field to Sykesville (sp) ramp. Water is way low. Caught a couple little rainbow on my hike.:)

T
troutmasta
Hooked Up said:
Water is way low.

I like at least 5 feet a Tillimook.

E
Explorer21
5-6 feet is great for the Wilson for me. Hit the Wilson today looking for the chrome... Hit over 15 holes I know of with not even seeing one anywhere. So pulled out the trout gear while fishing each hole. Between me and my buddy we caught atleast one trout at every hole. So all in all it was a good day even though all were under 9inches.

J
jesse202505
Explorer21 said:
I have never caught a summer steelhead from the Clackamas, maybe its cause I don't know where they hold up. I have tried numerous amounts of spots with no success for the past couple years. Which I know it's not how I fish because I can go to the Wilson and catch one almost everytime. Maybe message me a good spot to try. I have jigs, spoons, spinners, corkie and yarn if needed. Help me out please...

I know all the holes on the upper parts of that river and some by the mouth. I got 7 steel this summer mostly on jigs. Maybe if you can tell me one of your holes I can point you to one on the clackamas