Spots to fish the Nestucca?

K
kj48ak2088
Moved to Mcminnville from Alaska. Are there any roadside spots to fish the Nestucca? Best lures, etc?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
kj48ak2088 said:
Moved to Mcminnville from Alaska. Are there any roadside spots to fish the Nestucca? Best lures, etc?
Welcome to the forum! I don't get to the Nestucca, but I know there is a ton of info in the archives. If you prefer to wait for someone to respond, you should have some answers around dinnertime. We also have some very good maps provided by members, but you will have to use the search engine for those as I don't recall exactly where they can be found. Again, welcome to the forum.

Casting Call
Casting Call
drive to pacific city. look around,you'll find spots with-in 20ft of ur parked car. The bite is on all coastal rivers. GL Tony

D
DrTheopolis
If you're looking for salmon right now, tidewater/lower river access on the Tuck is limited, but there is some. There's a park/boat launch across the bridge (and take a left) at Pacific City, and occasional spots between there and Hebo, and slightly above. Once you can see the river from 101, it gets easier.

I'm not sure where the exact deadline for salmon is (but someone here does). Once winter steelhead start coming, there's access upon access on the upper river, which is easy to get to from McMinville (head down through Carlton).