Spinning rod

B
bigboy70
Oops for to say same stuff on my other rod I have my gf running 30lb braid but its a blue and really hard to see so i might switch her to something else and use that since I have more experience

H
halibuthitman
I bet Ive caught a thousand lbs of steelhead on trilene... the cheap stuff... just sayin-

D
DrTheopolis
Trilene works just fine. I just prefer the Ande.

Look at us, debating cheap line.

H
halibuthitman
DrTheopolis said:
Trilene works just fine. I just prefer the Ande.

Look at us, debating cheap line.

we aren't debating... I use trilene or fluoro when I spoon less than 15 lb.. and andes when I spool over 15 lbs. I like cheap line, I change it all about once a month anyway-

B
bigboy70
trilene thats what i use on my trout stuff and for my leader i like the xl bigger so i can't see it

D
DrTheopolis
halibuthitman said:
we aren't debating...

Nah, we aren't. Just thought it was funny that on a fishing forum, where people can tend to be a little elitist, we started discussing the cheap stuff... some of which outperforms the high dollar stuff.

And agreed, the higher test Ande stuff is tough as nails, although it seems to get some "memory." But sually not an issue on a trolling setup.

B
bigboy70
Ive been that way with slot of things I think why spend 600 on a fishing setup when I van spend like 60 and catch the same thing

J
JHawk
Any suggestions on a 9'-10' fourvpiece travel rod that would work for bobbers and spinners?

F
fishinshawn
JHawk said:
Any suggestions on a 9'-10' fourvpiece travel rod that would work for bobbers and spinners?

I have a 4 piece 11'3" shimano clarus. it is a 6-10lb and I love it. It has slip rings instead of the standard screw down reel seat, but they work well for a spinning reel and let you balance the reel on the rod just right.

F
fishinshawn
Is it any cheaper then a spool of Ultra green? I buy a big spool of maxima ultra green right before steelhead season and it seems to last me all season long...Thats like $8 or $9

D
DrTheopolis
fishinshawn said:
Is it any cheaper then a spool of Ultra green? I buy a big spool of maxima ultra green right before steelhead season and it seems to last me all season long...Thats like $8 or $9

You mean the Ande?

It's about the same, probably sitting right next to each other on the shelf.