Some recent fish

J
john montana
I've been out chasing carp as usual. Took a friend of mine from South Dakota, did a solo day, etc. The river has been tough because of the high water, but the fish are around if you work for them. A few pics:

347caa65e36191e271c2c77331107a0e_zps9e5a4cb9.jpg

38ee4774d4c384e84d1be2e4fe3295e3_zps81820493.jpg

40764ba2812b7215b9b26f3c1851fab8_zpseeb589dd.jpg

d31bcc091021e6d8cabde3b7484b5074_zps020f77ef.jpg

They hybrid has been deadly. I've caught about 130 or so carp this year, and I figure around 110 have been on the hybrid. I need to tie a platoon of those suckers.

Reactions: FlyBum and Admin
I
igquick
Awesome pics and carp once again!

How do you take pictures of yourself on the days when you are fishing by yourself?

J
jrbecca
Yes, stunning pictures and fish.

J
john montana
igquick said:
Awesome pics and carp once again!

How do you take pictures of yourself on the days when you are fishing by yourself?

I use a Joby Gorilla pod...you can wrap it around a tree etc. for timed photos. These were all taken by someone though. I do love my new camera! It is a panasonic lumix lx7...takes great photos.

C
colbypearson
Always love your magazine quality pics!

As far as the fun/challenge factor I've got to assume it'd be hard to beat a carp on the fly!

I
igquick
What type of effects do you use on your pictures? Like what are your favorite effects?

Your pictures are magazine worthy

J
john montana
Thanks! The camera does most of the work. I do often shoot with the macro focus function on like in the top photo so the fish is in focus and the rest is blurred...I like that. I use a free photo editor called snapseed on my ipad as well. Still playing with that. The camera is key...when I upgraded from a waterproof point and shoot to the Lumix the picture quality went way up...I am a hack, but I have a nice camera basically.

M
MikePierce170
John, is that your lucky blue shirt? That's all I've seen you in lately lol.

J
john montana
hah...i love my simms shirt!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Beautiful pictures as usual John! Have you tried the moldy cheeto fly yet ?

J
john montana
Hah...the cheeto fly won't work the way I fish. I did get some guy in TN to catch one on a similar fly. I need to get Eggs and OTF out after some carp.

T
troutmasta
Beutiful pictues. the 2nd is my fave. Well Done!

R
_RJ_
Some nice looking carp. Now that I'm back, I'm looking to wet some flies.