Some fish in the river! Aug15-16..

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
no action for me today but good reports from several sources, I seem to have been fishing on Fri between a group of fish that came in during the rain Thursday and others that, according to CG guys, were being caught Fri AM at the tips, not sure if those fish were moving into the river or just poking their noses around the jaws....water still warm so I'm not sure how fast fish will move upstream, 58F at the 101 Bridge, 65F at the RR Bridge...hitting the river all next week...cheers, roger

R
rippin fish lips
If there is fish around the 101 bridge and the water is at 58F, I would hit it hard. Good Luck out there.

E
eugene1
Yep, agree with rippin, Roger, even better to get out to the jetty tips on a good calm day and get them fresh before they commit to coming in at all.

Best,

rippin fish lips said:
If there is fish around the 101 bridge and the water is at 58F, I would hit it hard. Good Luck out there.

M
mosd
woohoo, the slaw is offically gonna be a zoo... thanks for the post

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
Yep, agree with rippin, Roger, even better to get out to the jetty tips on a good calm day and get them fresh before they commit to coming in at all.

Best,

yep, that is our plan for Monday, after the weekend folks have their fun, the zoo has definitely started.

..and wind is coming up by about 11am Sunday, SCA just posted for offshore Sun afternoon to Tue afternoon (and will probably be extended)....4ft swells going to 6ft Tue with 1-3ft wind waves on top...bummer...

roger

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
water was warmer today (Monday), that rain we had last Thursday was nice, we need more of that...some serious boats and at least one guide fishing the jaws this AM, we saw no nets move. CG was not holding boats at A4 but they had one of their big Imperial Cruisers parked in the jaws...

H
hawgslayer
They're there, and have been for weeks. You just gotta find the biters. We have caught fish from the tips all the way to the 29 marker in town. 6 fish all together last week including a 42" PIG. Of course the ocean is still the hotter ticket in town as we went 4-6 on Sunday.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hawgslayer said:
They're there, and have been for weeks. You just gotta find the biters. We have caught fish from the tips all the way to the 29 marker in town. 6 fish all together last week including a 42" PIG. Of course the ocean is still the hotter ticket in town as we went 4-6 on Sunday.

you speak the truth. and to reinforce how new I am to salmon fishing, I got in the middle of a hot Chinook bite today for the first time ever. just after high tide, off Cushman's. I must have had a funky bad herring and thus didn't get to participate in the fun but boats were hooking up all around me for about 30minutes, at least 10 or 12 big kings were boated, fantastic entertainment, never seen a hot bite like that before....

E
eugene1
Oh man!!!

That is what I live for, the BIG BITE! At least you had a chance, it still comes down to a little luck. Keep at it and it'll be your turn soon.

Best,

rogerdodger said:
you speak the truth. and to reinforce how new I am to salmon fishing, I got in the middle of a hot Chinook bite today for the first time ever. just after high tide, off Cushman's. I must have had a funky bad herring and thus didn't get to participate in the fun but boats were hooking up all around me for about 30minutes, at least 10 or 12 big kings were boated, fantastic entertainment, never seen a hot bite like that before....