So how was your day?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Paul and I met up with Igor to spend a little time out on the river (his boat is down for repairs), just a relaxing sunny day and rolling some herring as the afternoon high tide was approaching, ended up 3 for 3 over about 45minutes with Paul and I each having fun bringing in another 35" hen, and then Igor joins the fun with a big ass 42" buck that must have been 32# easy and was a blast to net once I got a better grip on the net (due to a GoPro fault, I didn't get a picture of it; I am really hoping he got one with his camera/phone)...well that was fun..:D.cheers, roger

Last edited:
B
bran_man
Nice fish (plural lol)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Well done! :clap: My day wasn't anywhere close to being as productive as yours...I'm house sitting for my sister while she goes camping for the first time in years. :D

I
Igor
Was an outstanding day for sure! It is nice to know their are still guys out there who will go out of their way to get you on the water. Definitely beats another day breathing through a dust mask sanding on epoxy with fish swimming up the river a mile away. Met a real great guy (his dad is ok too, really does the pirate look well ;-).

I do not know about these guys though. Didn't even fish through high tide. Some talk about if we brought another three fish aboard one of us was going to have to swim back to the dock. We only had 80 plus pounds of 'fishies' aboard at that point. Two nicer and more generous guys I have never met!!! I do recall some banter in the boat if I saw him out in his kayak I would be the one on shore with the wrist rocket lobbing sinkers in his direction. In consideration, I am surprised I did not have to swim back to the dock anyway :) Even though I caught the big buck, the high point for me was Paul catching his hen. Was as good or better than the video posted earlier by Roger. Still trying to get the smile off of my face!

Thanks Roger and Paul, is an absolute honor to call you two my friends!!!
Les

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
what a blast fishing with Les, still trying to track down a picture of the big buck that he fought in real smooth....and I have 5 more pints of eggs to cure, so Les will be set for steelheading once I pass some of those over to him later this month...cheers, roger