Slacking

W
whammond
I have been slacking the last few weekends on fishing with a lot of other things going on. And then today, I meant to get up early to go fish for some summer steel but of course I overslept! So now what should I do? I need to get some casts in. Where should I go? Island Park? D Street? Delta? Or head up to the Mac? What would the OFFers do?

D
Damquick
just stay home :)

B
bran_man
Ha ha yeah Im with damquick on this one! There are no fish out there so don't bother! ;) ha ha but yeah all of those spots sounds good to me! I would personally go to my fav river the MAC but that's just me. Probably be pretty busy out there about now... I know they are doing good on the town run too though! So island park and d street and all that stuff would be good too I'm sure. You got a pretty important decision to make! Ha ha

W
whammond
Yeah I think I made a poor decision! I went out by Delta and got a small trout and a couple of those Squawfish things. One of those Squawfish hammered my pink worm and I was excited for a second, fish made a half ass run and I started bringing it to the bank, got it in and expected it to run again and didn't. Figured it a was a second caught fish, until I saw what it was! Haha Son of a *****. Saw a few guys pullin in their sled and had a couple nice summers. I got bored and left! I should have went to the MAC! I don't really know where to fish around the town run so I just look around until I find something that looks fishy and try to learn that hole. I have mainly spent most of my time fishing with my buddy out of the Drift Boat on the Mac. But I want to learn the town run more, considering I live about two minutes from Delta, and then I work across the street from D Street and down the road from Island Park haha. So if theres anyone that wants to teach me about some bank spots on the town run one of these days, I can supply the beer! Haha.

W
whammond
another guy I saw down there told me that he helped a guy net a 30# nook right under the Beltline bridge yesterday. Said he got it on a little cleo.

J
joem
shoulda went to the mckenzie. thats all im gonna say.

F
fishyden
One of these squawfish things they hit like a nook pull a little line then are like a wet sock to the bank IMG_20120602_164928.jpgwent 0/1 on a steelhead with a pink #4bluefox and caught a sucker with Corky and eggs....

E
engineerfisherman
Looks like one of those whitefish I keep pulling in on the MAC. Feels like your snagged and then reeling in with a log on the end of your line.

W
whammond
Yeah those are the dumb things I was talking about, this was the hog of the wet sock I landed, actually managed to fin-hook this one haha. The other one actually peeled a little line. Went back out tonight and got a couple trout with a Corky and Worm.

F
fishyden
To bad no bounty on the Willamette.