Siletz Bay fishing or crabbing report

F
ForagingAdventures
I'm headed to Lincoln City this weekend and was wondering if anyone is catching anything in the Siletz Bay? Fishing or Crabbing from the beach near Mo's. Thank you.

jamisonace
jamisonace
It's been pretty dead this year but I hear some good reports recently. Not specific to Siletz bay however. I'm heading out this Saturday. Give it a try and let us know how you do.

In general I've seen crab pulled in by rod and reel off the beach you're talkin about.

E
eugene1
Welcome to the forum, Foraging!

Interesting user name, anything too it?

Best,

J
JonT
I'm doing a charter out of Newport next week and dropping crab pots on the 23rd. Will report.

F
ForagingAdventures
I arrived at Siletz Bay (by Mo's) about an hour before high tide. Fished and crabbed the bay for about four hours through the tide change and did not catch one crab or fish. Five other crabbers were on the beach with only one person catching a few crabs about one every fourth retrieve. Tried Shad, Chicken, Chicken liver, without any success. Only saw two keepers taken in the time I was on the water. Happy Holidays to all and best of luck on your adventures.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
ForagingAdventures said:
I arrived at Siletz Bay (by Mo's) about an hour before high tide. Fished and crabbed the bay for about four hours through the tide change and did not catch one crab or fish. Five other crabbers were on the beach with only one person catching a few crabs about one every fourth retrieve. Tried Shad, Chicken, Chicken liver, without any success. Only saw two keepers taken in the time I was on the water. Happy Holidays to all and best of luck on your adventures.

thanks for the report, bummer but we all know that "skunk happens"...get a bunch next time...