Should be stocked soon

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Hey guys its SiletzTroutKiller....Big Creek or Newport Res. as us locals call it should be stocked in mid-February. I fish it heavily along with my friends. I drive a green 98 dodge dakota with a mountain lion sticker on the back so if you see my truck at the res. stop on by and say hi I'd love to chat. :)

Y
Yogidabear
I would have a hard time fishing for planter trout knowing the siletz is in your back yard, but have fun :)

troutdude
troutdude
I love those two lakes! I fish them early every year. So, if I see you I'll be sure to say hello.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I agree Yogidabear but my favorite spot to trout fish on the Siletz is unaccessible in the winter due to such high water. Unless you have permission to walk through private property on the other side of the river or a drift boat which I have neither

C_Run
C_Run
Do you fish Ollala Lake? How is it in the winter?

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I never fish Ollala only because for some reason I never have good luck there. I've only caught one fish there in my whole life and I've fished from the bank and from a boat

troutdude
troutdude
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I never fish Ollala only because for some reason I never have good luck there. I've only caught one fish there in my whole life and I've fished from the bank and from a boat

I've gotten dozens of trout, from the bank or in a tube. There's also a very special pocket, where the surplus steelies lie (but a boat is needed). Then again, I've been fishing that lake since the 80's.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Well I fish Ollala just like Newport with a 2 foot lieder and powerbait and I slay them at Newport. Is there a better way at Ollala?

troutdude
troutdude
sending PM

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Typical day for us at Big Creek
120608_0000.jpg 120628_0001.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Good lookin' "stringer" (ha ha)!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Haha yeah that's my brother holding those fish. But I caught the one in the other picture along with half the one's he's holding