Sandy River reports?

B
bootpdx
I've got a day to fish tomorrow and I'm wondering if anyone has been out to be Sandy lately. I know it's low and probably running pretty clear, anyone been out lately?

I may head to the Clack which is also low, it's just a much longer drive for me. Thinking of hitting Oxbow with some jigs & spoons. Any tips?

Irishrover
Irishrover
Made it down to Dodge Park today. The river was clear but not real low. I was swinging flies on my spey rod and the only action I had was sticking three flies to the bottom. Guess I was getting those flies down low enough. On guy there did loose a fish!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
I went the Clack to ttry dog creek today for about 4 hrs today saw 2 roll. I threw multiple jigs, spoons....practice, practice. I did see 1 getting loaded into a rig when I pulled in, though i didn't get a chance to talk to the guy.

Last edited:
B
bootpdx
Thanks for the replies. I went out 2/26 for 5 hrs. Fished the bank at Oxbow right below the big eddy. River was clear but not as low as I expected. Fished pink worm under a float, spoons and spinners - skunked. It was a great day to get some practice.
image.jpg

P
pdxstruve
Took my canoe upriver from Dabney for about a half mile and parked on the West side of the river. Tossed corkies and spinners up and down the river for hours and no luck. Chatted with some folks on the float back to Dabney and they said that had stuck a few with pink jigs buy could not land them. Water was clear and not near as low as I though it would be.

J
Jordy
Not surprised about water level. My wives and I drove up to Timberline for lunch on Saturday. No snow until about a half mile before the lodge and water running down every drainage and waterfall on the way up.

This could be a "be careful what you wish for" with the removal of marmot. The sandy might be in a bit of trouble come late summer.

D
DrTheopolis
J
Jordy
M
Modest_Man
DrTheopolis said:
Autocorrect strikes again!

Guess he really is a polygamist.

D
DrTheopolis
I was just cracking a little joke, but I think I'm going to slowly back out of this thread.

Although for some odd reason, I suddenly have an urge to explore fishing opportunities in Utah.

M
montym
I hear this thread is causing a lot of people to behave very oddly, Dr T.