Sandy looking good for the weekend

Irishrover
Irishrover
I made a trip down to Dodge Park late this afternoon (Friday). The river is in great shape. It's on the drop and was a nice shade of green. Fishing conditions should be good for anyone headed out this weekend. Only fished for an hour then headed home. No fish except some rotting dead salmon. Wasn't another soul fishing down there.

E
eggs
Dang if I didn't have plans... maybe next weekend a float?

A
alm21
Do they start showing this early on the Sandy? I haven't spent enough time on the Sandy for the steelhead so I am not real clear on when it's time to start targeting them. It's in my "backyard" so I'd like to hit it.

A
alm21
I just saw in another post that winters have arrived at the hatchery so I guess now isn't a bad time to start.

O
OnTheFly
Thanks for the report. I need to hit the Sandy hard this season with the long rod. Ninja and I spoke about it before so maybe we'll hit you guys up?

S
skunk
OnTheFly said:
Thanks for the report. I need to hit the Sandy hard this season with the long rod. Ninja and I spoke about it before so maybe we'll hit you guys up?

Isn't the clack the one you HAVE to drive over to get to the sandy? I'm stopping at the clack this yr and saving gas! Join me there.

Reactions: OnTheFly
M
mgdguy
I was out at Oxbow this morning. DEAD. Nice to have the river almost to myself though!