Saltwater slayfest

B
Bgunder
Went out of Newport last Friday to do some bottom fishing with a couple guys from work and their dad in their boat and put the a serious hurting on the bottom fish, especially the lingcod.We got our limit of lingcod within the first hour or two of being out and from then on we fished for bass but also caught and released probably close to forty lingcod:dance:.You know you've caught too many lingcod in one day when you hook into a fish and you are slightly dissapointed when you know its a linger on the other end!But it was a blast fighting em'!The big lingcod in my right hand I actually didn't catch but it was such a nice fish I had to get a picture of it, it weighed just under 15 pounds and just about stole the rod when it hammered the jig!

• bass.jpg
  • lingers.jpg
C_Run
C_Run
Pretty cool. You've got some great table fare there.

B
bythesea
very nice!! :clap:...........I'm want to go out on captains reel in a couple days I guess their hammering them too.I just seen on facebook this gal holding up a 38#er from there yesterday.

T
troutmasta
I'm going out with Gerald from captains reelon Sunday. YUM!!!

J
joem
that small ling dont look 24 inches.

B
Bgunder
Thats because the big one makes it look small!And the minimum length for lingcod is 22in.We measured all the fish before keeping them and the only reason we kept a smaller one was because we kept the first 8 lingcod we caught not knowing how good the fishing was gonna be.

T
troutmasta
Hater-aid....p.s. 22in

Bgunder-Ill be sure to throw back the smallies on sunday looking for the biggs.

B
Bgunder
I know right?Guy tries to insult my intelligence and fishing morals when he doesn't even know the minimum length for keepers! Yeah I would definitely throw back the smaller ones when you go out, a guy I know went out on a charter and they had the same deal as us, a ton of lings!!