Salmon fishing is great!!!

W
waco
Salmon are everywhere, people are getting fish on all the rivers and the bays Tillamook bay is hot, Nehalem bay is good and the Nestucca bay is good also, we are getting reports of fish being caught on the Trask, Wilson, Tillamook river, kilches and Nestucca rivers. iT'S TIME TO GO PEOPLE!!! (I love working at the Tillamook sporting goods store, I got reports all the time!!) ;)

C_Run
C_Run
Salmon are everywhere, people are getting fish on all the rivers

Been drooling over the reports for weeks... get a half day next week to try again. Voy a pescar!!!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
waco said:
Salmon are everywhere, people are getting fish on all the rivers and the bays Tillamook bay is hot, Nehalem bay is good and the Nestucca bay is good also, we are getting reports of fish being caught on the Trask, Wilson, Tillamook river, kilches and Nestucca rivers. iT'S TIME TO GO PEOPLE!!! (I love working at the Tillamook sporting goods store, I got reports all the time!!) ;)

for sure, what a great year! I am hoping the silty water we are seeing in some rivers doesn't keep them OFF the bite much longer, time for the catching to pick up!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Time to dust off the drift boat and head toward Tillamook. The Trask can pump out some big fish.

W
waco
My buddy just sent me a pic of a 32# fish from the Wilson river!!!

H
halibuthitman
Irishrover said:
Time to dust off the drift boat and head toward Tillamook. The Trask can pump out some big fish.

+1

B
Big3d
Thanks for the info waco!

O
OnTheDrop
waco said:
My buddy just sent me a pic of a 32# fish from the Wilson river!!!

We have a 35 and a 30# on the Wilson right now.. Plug pulling. Fish are movinggg! Too much for my liking. Lotsa fish though. On anchor relaxing as we speak. Will report later.

O
OnTheDrop
image.jpg

Got a good bud into his first salmonoid today. A piglet.

T
TimberTodd
That's a heck of a first fish! Congratulations!

T
TimberTodd
Waco how far up are folks fishing?

W
waco
SteelmonKiller20 said:
We have a 35 and a 30# on the Wilson right now.. Plug pulling. Fish are movinggg! Too much for my liking. Lotsa fish though. On anchor relaxing as we speak. Will report later.

You should stop at the store TSG and get a 30# TSG club hat.

D
DrTheopolis
TimberTodd said:
Waco how far up are folks fishing?

Made a quick afternoon trip to about mile 12 (on the hiway) yesterday (double-secret hole that no human has ever fished - there's lots of those on the Wilson). Me and a bud each got one. Both fairly small (guessing about 13# and 18-19), both bucks, and both had a little color to them. Didn't see much to make me think they were as thick higher, but that was yesterday.

And for all you Haters over the summer -- mine was landed on 8# line on a POS 7' rod. My buddy had a 8'6" lighter steelhead rod with 10#. While the battles were long, we were 2/2 . Not sure where you guys come up with your theories, but they're wrong. I can't imagine trying to toss hardware with anything much heavier... but then again, that's the way I've always done it, and it's what I know.

But anyhoo, the North Coast seems like fishing in a barrel right now.
And I'm quite certain it's not just the Wilson. I'm guessing just about any north coast stream offers the same opportunity.

T
TimberTodd
Thanks Dr. I heading down in the morning. If the crowds are too thick I gonna bug chuck higher up and get some much needed decompression time.

W
waco
Lots of people getting their limits of chinook before 10 am. Fishing is great right now anywhere you go, you got a big chance of catching fish!!! some monster too over 30#

E
eugene1
Sounds like a great year so far!

Go and get 'em!

T
troutmasta
Holy smokes just found this post!
True story. The system is stacked.
Had 2 we nooks banked at sunrise yesterday!
Go get Em'

J
JeannaJigs
Awe man I freaking don't want to work anymore this week I want it to be my weekend already so I can get out and hit it, I cured 5 gallons of eggs that will be ready to fish tomorrow and I might have to call in sick....