Round three

P
plumb2fish
Jeanna, myself and anther fella are on a chrome mission tomorrow. We will be leaving the valley at odark thirty to get to the rivet before sunrise. If things go well we will fill this post up with pics...better get to sleep....odark thirty comes quick.....

E
eugene1
Go forth and conquer!

Good luck guys and J,

D
DYJ
I'm jealous of the weekday fishing... good luck.

L
lilsalmon
Good luck!!!!

H
hawgslayer
I wish I had your schedule Plumb. I'm pretty confident you guys are bonking fish left and right right about now. Can't wait to hear the report.

J
JeannaJigs
Negatory it is DEAD. He got a dark hen that went back and a little jack coho. No other action. River was rising very fast. I'm sure the snagfest participants up at indiola got a couple but they just were not in the lower section of lake creek. This rain is the end times.

E
eugene1
:(........

JeannaJigs said:
Negatory it is DEAD. He got a dark hen that went back and a little jack coho. No other action. River was rising very fast. I'm sure the snagfest participants up at indiola got a couple but they just were not in the lower section of lake creek. This rain is the end times.

O
OnTheDrop
I don't like to hear that.. We'll see how she is on the drop tomorrow... Floating to Tide I believe.

G
Ghedrick
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I don't like to hear that.. We'll see how she is on the drop tomorrow... Floating to Tide I believe.

If you can, give me a report about the level. I want to float Saturday but it'll be 4.25 as dropping which is a little low. Thanks!

J
JeannaJigs
Ghedrick said:
If you can, give me a report about the level. I want to float Saturday but it'll be 4.25 as dropping which is a little low. Thanks!

Its floatable today, it's over 4.5. Tomorrow? Anything is possible in an aluminum tank of a boat if you don't mind bumpy. As for me and my fiberglass drifter? I won't float it lower, I did so this last winter and almost put my boat down at red hill. No thank you. My comfort level is 5 and up, it's amazing what a difference half a foot of water can make.

If you want a real adventure float from Schindler's to konnie ;)

G
Ghedrick
JeannaJigs said:
Its floatable today, it's over 4.5. Tomorrow? Anything is possible in an aluminum tank of a boat if you don't mind bumpy. As for me and my fiberglass drifter? I won't float it lower, I did so this last winter and almost put my boat down at red hill. No thank you. My comfort level is 5 and up, it's amazing what a difference half a foot of water can make.

If you want a real adventure float from Schindler's to konnie ;)

Ya, im not stupid, I know the horn! Red hill definitely seems sketchy below 5'. Wonder what rain rock to Farnham would be like at this level??? Anyone know??

H
hawgslayer
Anything over 4ft should be gravy for Rainrock to Farnham. Might be a bump here and there along the way, but smooth sailing for the most part.

P
plumb2fish
If I was an egg hunter, I would have honked that hen for sure, she was what most call dusky....for me there was no question. No sea lice, no keepey...I was surprised the fish either weren't laying in the hole, or just plain weren't biting...after watching the river rise 3-4" in about 2 hrs, I had had enough...2-2....

jhop111
jhop111
I fished red hill Tuesday and Wednesday. Fish were in some chrome some dusky for silvers. Nooks were dark. Heard reports from Thursday that some bright nooks were taken upriver. If your planning another bank trip pm me and I will fill anyone in on the finer points that were working for me and my guests .