Rescue Underway for Fisherman Swept Downstream on Sandy River

B
BobbiDollPDX
Rescue Underway for Fisherman Swept Downstream on Sandy River

E
eggs
Yea I saw that! I hope all is OK, but the canyon below the dam site could be hard for rescue. Hopefully the guy is sitting on a big rock curled up and in good shape. :pray:

H
halibuthitman
Hip waders... not looking good for him, I wish they would outlaw those darn things. Prayers-

E
eggs
From pictures I have seen I am pretty sure where he tried to cross.. but don't understand why he didn't use the bridge a stone throw upstream to get to the other side...

troutdude
troutdude
That nearly happened to me, once, on the Siletz. It was frightening! Now I don't wear hip boots anymore.

Prayers goin' up, for that fellow.

18406ej
18406ej
He is only 19, so youth might be to his benefit out there. It would be a tragedy for a young man to die at that age.

H
Hawk
I'm Praying for this young man.

O
OnTheDrop
I am good fishing buddies with the kid who called 911 after his friend slipped under today. I don't really know his buddy he was with but Im still devastated. He said they knew they shouldn't of been crossing but it was a spur of the moment decision and we've all took some risks as they took one today. I feel so bad for my buddy today who watched his good buddy slip under and never come up. He was helpless. My buddy is a very good guy and can't imagine how he's feeling. I talked to a few people a little while ago and it doesn't look like he made it... Sad day for many people today. And an eye opener for a lot others...

T
Toyracer38
Prayers for him and his family + his fishing buddy. Very sad!

J
jabs67
Prayers to all involved. So very sad. :pray::pray::pray:

D
dtikey
Yes very sad indeed dont have words except sorry!!!

B
BobbiDollPDX
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I am good fishing buddies with the kid who called 911 after his friend slipped under today. I don't really know his buddy he was with but Im still devastated. He said they knew they shouldn't of been crossing but it was a spur of the moment decision and we've all took some risks as they took one today. I feel so bad for my buddy today who watched his good buddy slip under and never come up. He was helpless. My buddy is a very good guy and can't imagine how he's feeling. I talked to a few people a little while ago and it doesn't look like he made it... Sad day for many people today. And an eye opener for a lot others...

I've crossed the Sandy a couple of times and it is hard and scary, unless you are YoungBuck, then you skip across the river like a graceful deer. (I tease him about that every time I see him) I swear I will never do it again without a PFD.