Report: Lookout Point Res.:7/1/12

X
xltom
Hello All, Sorry I haven't been around for a while. My boat was in need of work since November. I just got a new job and the first thing on my list was to get a carb rebuild kit and get her running.

Before heading out today I checked here for any current reports and when I saw the most recent was a year old, I decided to rectify that when I got home.

I fished the lake very passively for only 2 hours as I was test running and dialing in my motor but still managed 1 pellet head(C&R of course) 9 inches. I marked quite a few large fish in deep water (100ft+) but my gear runs 25ft-ish so I focused on waters around 30-60ft on the north bank east of signal point. I had to troll down wind as my boat was light in the bow and easily turned by the wind. I didn't make it up to where the creek comes in as I usually do. I wanted to stay relatively close to the ramp in case I had any motor trouble. The run home was a butt slammer with 1.5ft rollers.. very choppy. Surface temp was 64-65 degrees F. My motor ran better than she ever has and it seems the carb rebuild was just what the doctor ordered. Great fishing to you all!!!!

C
cowboysfan
congrats are in order for the job and the smooth running motor. glad to hear your back in business and no longer bank bound!

Troutski
Troutski
Tough lake to get a handle on, I have fished it over the years and my best record is in the back where the Willy comes in. My largest Crappie came out of that lake; near School Creek. Trolling for the Land Locked Chinook is a blast in the Winter months. Your right about the chop on this lake, at times it is more like an inland sea..... luckily is has plenty of sheltered coves to grab a moments peace. I had a conversation with ODFW about the Walleye in that lake, doesn't seem like they are to concerned about them wiping out any species. Nice to hear about the motor, tight lines and calm waters to you.

Chuck

J
JeannaJigs
Good to see you're still alive and that your boat is back in business!

B
Banjo
Fished Lookout 3 times this month.
First 2 times were good for trout down around the dam trolling at about 15 feet with chunk of worm or grub and crawfish scent. 12-14inch very heavy trout. Biggest we got was a 16 incher on the second trip. Third trip only got us 1 danged trout for a full day of fishing. I think the water had warmed up too much. I'll head back when the weather has cooled off a bit.
I noticed the water level has been dropping as much as 3 or 4 feet between trips. That could be affecting the fishing as well.