Ready for the big bugs?

brandon4455
brandon4455
who else is getting excited for the salmonfly hatch this year? my dad has always watched big trout eat bugs off the top of the water on tv and im going to show him this year..this will be my first time during that hatch as well. here is a video to get you all pumped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=HfWwEyYxmxk

B
bigsteel
never miss it

K
Keith
It is a blast !!!

S
steelhead_slayer
counting down the days

J
jimmy
man I hate that video.... it always gets my knees shakin'.......

it's like someone reached in my head and pulled some of that video out of my memory.
( I think I've watched it 46 times in the last three years)
I want to capture a couple of those takes and run them on a loop while I sleep so I don't get so damn jumpy when it happens for real.

thanks for posting, I'm gonna go check my knots....

Reactions: eggs and brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
i have probably watched it 30+ times myself, just like the Oregon coast steelhead video.. keeps me alive while im not fishing :lol:

Reactions: eggs
L
lilsalmon
I'm ready.....

Reactions: eggs
O
OnTheFly
That was my first viewing and my head almost burst.

TroutCreek013.jpg

E
eggs
**** lets do it!

brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:
That was my first viewing and my head almost burst.

TroutCreek013.jpg
:lol:

troutdude
troutdude
Some 25 years ago, I watched big 'bows leap as much as 5' OUT of the water and into the air to catch Salmon flies. It was amazing! It was in a protected area, where Marion Creek flows out of Marion Lake. Bring it on!!!

Reactions: brandon4455
V
Van
Already have reservations for a long weekend at Kahneeta. The wife gets a nice resort to stay at and i am minutes from lots of fishing.

M
mrlindeman
I am ready!!! I can't wait. This wil be my first time fishing large dries.
I tied this last night. Its plain but I think it will work :)
DSCN1162.png

T
The Nothing
Very nice Mr L!

Y
Yohan
Mr. L - Nice tie! That thing will fish for sure. The plainer the better in my opinion, especially with salmonflies. When a salmon fly gets "beat up" a little, they always seem to fish a little better, so no reason to get fancy. Fancy flies are for fly shops to make $$$, I know because I've fallen for it many times (and sometimes still do) :D

Let know how that fly fishes will ya!

M
mrlindeman
I dont know any areas near my location that have hatches of the Salmon fly I think I will just try it everywhere lol.