Question on waders

S
steel Head
so my father inlaw hooked me up with some waders they are nice set of remingtons my issue is they leak at the seams from crotch down anything I can do to fix this issue maybe a water repellant? or shall i buy another set.

P
PNW Sam
My neoprene Hodgmans leak BAD in the knee area now (the seams, the fabric is perfect). Looking forward to some suggestions people make on here.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Loon UV wader repair.

S
steel Head
eggs said:
Loon UV wader repair.

dont want to sound stupid but how does it work and how spendy is it
btw thanks for the feed back'

P
PNW Sam
Google it. $8.50 for a tube from Amazon, free shipping. Says you put your waders in the shade then apply a thin film to the leaky spot, seems easy.

Thanks Eggs, I'll give it a try.

S
steel Head
PNW Sam said:
Google it. $8.50 for a tube from Amazon, free shipping. Says you put your waders in the shade then apply a thin film to the leaky spot, seems easy.

Thanks Eggs, I'll give it a try.

sounds easy enough ill give it a shot

R
rippin fish lips
PNW Sam said:
My neoprene Hodgmans leak BAD in the knee area now (the seams, the fabric is perfect). Looking forward to some suggestions people make on here.

Sounds like my Caddis neoprenes, but i have had them for 4 years now. They have done me good, but slowy started to leak. Now it is real bad, holes in the stockingfoot par on both sides (due to not wearing proper wading boots?) Leaks bad all the way up to the nees and croch area. It sucks, but i still been rockin them lately.

P
PNW Sam
The pair I have was handed down from my dad who used them in the late 80's to early 90's. Then they sat in the attic for 15 years. Anyway, they have slowly been developing leaks in both knee seams, and now the leak is bad. They look brand new even after hundreds of hours of use, so if I really don't want to buy a new pair if a fix would cost a fraction of the price. I'll get back on here when I get the goop if it seals them up good.

S
steelhead_slayer
there is a commercial where a guy sprays this stuff on a screen door and uses it as the bottom of his boat. I don't know if you have seen the commercial, but looks like that stuff might work. I was thinking of giving it a try

F
FlyBum
AquaSeal......If that doesn't work, get a new pair.

S
Spydeyrch
FlyBum said:
AquaSeal......If that doesn't work, get a new pair.

x2 :clap:

That is what I was going to say. AquaSeal, but don't forget the quickening agent. I can't seem to remember what it is called but it should come with the AquaSeal tube. :)

-Spydey

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Y
Yohan
AquaSeal X3... turn your waders inside out and coat the seams. It has always worked for me!

S
steel Head
Aquaseal is the answer then gonna give it a try thanks a lot for the info

F
FlyBum
Just don't start sniffing the stuff or you'll end up like OnTheFly :lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
FlyBum said:
Just don't start sniffing the stuff or you'll end up like OnTheFly :lol:

yeah dont want to be lighting a fly on fire! :lol:

R
radarnut
brandon4455 said:
yeah dont want to be lighting a fly on fire! :lol:

What, fish don't like fireflies?!?! Great, maybe I can return the stuff to the store.

18406ej
18406ej
Sinkline-

I don't think that Thompson's would work as a seam sealer, but you are right about its qualities as a pore sealer on fabrics. When I had neoprenes I would often wear shorts beneath them because of the heat that neoprenes retain. I can only imagine the discomfort (and skin irritation) that the sticky Thompson's residue might cause.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
this thread has helped me, as i discovered my leg was damp after coming home from fishing today,witch is weird because i didn't feel water hit my leg while wading