Question for recent bank fishermen.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
For those who have recently fished Trillium from the shore what did you have success with?

I am heading up there tomorrow and just wanted to check to see if the standard power bait/eggs are working as I assume.

J
jabs67
My boys were on the bank last weekend and were using pb and had really good results. Good luck tomorrow!!!

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Thanks!!!!

troutdude
troutdude
For the browns, float a worm OFF of the bottom.

K
kiplarson
I thought there were browns in here! We were fishing on 8/25 and I pulled my bait in for a check when I noticed there was a 4-5 inch brown on the line. He never got the PB all the way in his gullet and let go about 8 feet short of landing him. When I shared the experience with another fisherman he said there were no browns in trillium. Said it was a brookie...but it sure looked like a brown to me!

C
ChezJfrey
Yeah, one thing I've found about bank-side advice/comments, wherever I am, while well-intentioned it may be, is not often correct; I just keep my mouth shut, nod, and let it slide :)

K
kiplarson
I was up on Sunday with 8000 friends along the bank and had success with 2 red "power eggs" on a #10 about 2 feet off the bottom. Landed a couple minnows and then a nice 16.5" JUMPER about 30' off the bank, middle of the pond. Pretty shallow there, but I could see them start hunting the shallows at around 9:30 - 10:30am. Best fish I have landed out there. Heading out tomorrow to see of there's any more of the those suckers hanging around!

T
TTFishon
troutdude said:
For the browns, float a worm OFF of the bottom.

Browns?!!! There's browns there!!! I hope I can make next years Trillium OFF event!

troutdude
troutdude
Hmmm...I'm not so sure that there are browns in Trillium. Neither of my primary references, indicates that there is anything more than stocked 'bows. I checked both "Fishing In Oregon", and "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon".

Can anyone else verify, if there are any trout species in there...other than bows?

T
TTFishon
troutdude said:
Hmmm...I'm not so sure that there are browns in Trillium. Neither of my primary references, indicates that there is anything more than stocked 'bows. I checked both "Fishing In Oregon", and "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon".

Can anyone else verify, if there are any trout species in there...other than bows?

Well, either or. I still would like to go next year. I know they're having a great time and it would be nice to meet some OFF fisher peeps.

troutdude
troutdude
Good points, my friend. I wish that I could be there too. But, neither my work schedule or my torn shoulder will allow it. Maybe next year.

S
Stile00
I believe they are brook trout. My brother and I have some using a power maggot and red bead under a bobber near the snag, opposite the dam. It was the first time I'd seen one though and had to look it up in the reg book. They had pinkish/purple spots along the sides.

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like brookies to me.

K
kiplarson
It could have been a brookie..because he popped off before I got my mits on him we will never know. If I get a confirmed non-bo I will post a pic.

troutdude
troutdude
Excellent idea. :)